M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me where I can get a good GPS unit for my bike that has a GOOD mounting system? Not a velcro strap around the bars or a zip tie either? Looking for something that looks like it belongs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i find a whole unit complete? GPS and all? i do have a garmin nuvi GPS but no way to mount?

·
Registered
547 Posts
where can i find a whole unit complete? GPS and all? i do have a garmin nuvi GPS but no way to mount?
I very seriously you will find a whole unit complete setup for your 109. Most if not all of the mountings for the 109 use a Ram_Mount system as shown in the thread above. What you need to do is find a Ram-Mount system for your Nuvi and decide exactly how you want it mounted. I happen to like the one that is ziptied to the center of my handlebars but evidently that's not your thing. Here is where you need to start and hopefully find the parts you require.

http://www.ram-mount.com/

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ram Mounts are really good... I have a Garmin Nuvi 775... works very well. Has a built in MP3 player, it isn't waterproof but it does work with gloves on. i am happy with it.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I know I've posted this 2 or 3 times before, but it just makes sense to me. I use a Nuvi 750 which has an ear phone jack. I plug an ear bud in and turn where the lady says to turn. The Nuvi fits nicely in my breast pocket and I don't worry about rain, wind, dust, theft or having to take my eyes off the road.
I guess a lot of guys think it looks cool on the bars? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I have a garmin nuvi with the ram mount that it connected to the bar with zip-ties I have never had an issue with it moving or other wise highly recommend for 20 bucks the cradle is awesome fits right between bars

Part ID: RAM-HOL-GA25U

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Rusty;1312571I happen to like the one that is ziptied to the center of my handlebars but evidently that's not your thing. [URL="http://www.ram-mount.com/" said:
:agree:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I use the one zip tied to the bars as well and have had it for almost 2 years. Have a Nuvi 205W that is holding up OK.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i've never seen a whole "kit" setup like you are looking for. usually the best thing is to choose the best mounting system for the gps unit that you prefer.

if you're looking for a setup that "looks like it belongs" as you put it, then the only one that achieves that is a garmin nuvi 205 and the bike mount that can be obtained from amazon.com. it just zipties to the bars, and i know you said that you don't want that, but it makes the unit appear as if it came with the bike. imho, the best looking gps set period!

·
Registered
202 Posts
not to thread jack here, but I saw someone using a GPS that doubled as a rear view camera. It was a brand I had never heard of. He had it mounted right in the middle of the bars. Looked pretty sweet. Wireless camera was hidden under the rear fender out of sight. I was going to see about going for it but figured I'd ask if anyone else has used this?

As for the post, the RAM mount has my vote. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I created my own... But my GPS is not a TomTom.

My mount is metal and attached to the tach display bracket.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
there is a DIY on here for good soild mounting system on here, if you cant find that my brother has been using a ram mount (i think that is what it is called) and he is very pleased with it.

good luck!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have the zip-tie model too. It was cheap and looks clean enough.

I know I've posted this 2 or 3 times before, but it just makes sense to me. I use a Nuvi 750 which has an ear phone jack. I plug an ear bud in and turn where the lady says to turn. The Nuvi fits nicely in my breast pocket and I don't worry about rain, wind, dust, theft or having to take my eyes off the road.
I guess a lot of guys think it looks cool on the bars? :dontknow:
Don't think it looks cool--I personally hate to hear the people on those things talk. The volume is turned off in the car as well.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I have the zip-tie model too. It was cheap and looks clean enough.

Don't think it looks cool--I personally hate to hear the people on those things talk. The volume is turned off in the car as well.
Try the chick with the French accent, then try the British accent. Get a little strange with every ride :bigthumbsup:
Actually, I just don't like to take my eyes off the road when riding

1 - 20 of 26 Posts