M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a Garmin Quest which I have used on various bikes including a GSXR 1000 K5 and Aprilia Tuono R.

I would like to be able to mount the Quest on my M1800R (109 to you boys over there).

The mount that I used on the Tuono bar won't fit the Suzuki as the bar is too wide :

I've tried using the mounting Wizard HERE,but the M109/1800 isn't listed.

Has anybody else successfully mounted a GPS unit using a RAM mount ?

IF so,how ?

Thanks

G

·
Manny Fagnet said:
Guys,

I have a Garmin Quest which I have used on various bikes including a GSXR 1000 K5 and Aprilia Tuono R.

I would like to be able to mount the Quest on my M1800R (109 to you boys over there).

The mount that I used on the Tuono bar won't fit the Suzuki as the bar is too wide :

I've tried using the mounting Wizard HERE,but the M109/1800 isn't listed.

Has anybody else successfully mounted a GPS unit using a RAM mount ?

IF so,how ?

Thanks
hit the search, I posted the exact same thing (all the way down to the quest) and got some info if I remember right

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

dynamos,

that link isn't a great deal of use,as most of the replies are comical and not related to the question asked.

The link provided shows a bracket that could be mounted,but there is no indication that it will actually fit the 109.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just been searching and found this :

Am I right in thinking the part used is this one :

G

·
Manny Fagnet said:
Thanks guys.

dynamos,

that link isn't a great deal of use,as most of the replies are comical and not related to the question asked.

The link provided shows a bracket that could be mounted,but there is no indication that it will actually fit the 109.
well I emailed the person that has the stuff they posted and its chrome and nice and mounts the quest so its kinda useful ;)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I have a Garmin Street Pilot 2620 with the RAM Mount. I have it installed on my 109, and it works great. No modification at all.
Just attach the U clamp (you pictured above) right beside the left turn signal housing. The bars taper in size right at the spot and it mounts there very nicely.
I leave the U clamp mount on all the time, and it doesn't stand out.
Before anyone replies with "this is useless without pics", my bike is currently in the body shop being put back together from a recent accident. The mount is still on it, and I didn't take photo's before hand. Sorry.
Regardless, go ahead and mount it.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Canuk.

I got the Mirror Mount Base as shown above and it fits just great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts