·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's done my GPS is on and I love it thanks 109ers for all the input :bow:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have a "how-to" on what you did to mount that there? Thats bad a$$!!! I have a Garmin exactly like that and would be great for long trips!!! Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
You got it man thats the way to go. Having that 12v plug KICK ASS I can charge my phone or GPS whatever I want... Bad ass :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
very nicely done. it looks great. that cig plug is nicely mounted. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,948 Posts
Looks good bro, nicely done! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

I like that type outlet too. Mine has a spring loaded cover that snaps over it when something isn't plugged into it, but it's bulkier looking that that. I like the rubber cap.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Looks great, I was thinking of setting mine up that way when it is time. :bigthumbsup:
I've done the mod before as well feel free to ask if you have any questions :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would deffinately get a rubber plug for it.. couple of drops of water or a seagull with perfect aim and your replacing a fuse. looks sweet i like how it covers the riser bolts. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
:a18:

hope u dont ride in the rain...........:eek:

I put mine under the seat and ran the gps wire under the tank....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hope u dont ride in the rain...........

I put mine under the seat and ran the gps wire under the tank....:bigthumbsup:
I did the same setup with it under the seat. There's several ways to do this mod and they all work. Just a matter of preference.

I hate riding in the rain and the GPS comes off when I see dark clouds. :D

Looks like a clean installation BlackBeast :bigthumbsup:. Now go exploring!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks sweet. I really wanna do this mod. Guess its time to sit down today and figure out how to make a bracket for a tomtom and get it done. Great job!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I found a cigarette lighter with a cover from these guys

http://www.lion.net.au/12_VOLT_ACCESSORIES.html

LA206A10
EXTERNAL POWER SOCKET.
Weatherproof 12 volt socket. Hinged cover for protection against the elements when not in use. Comes with extra wire and wire joiners for easy installation.
BARCODE: 9314458014238

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I found a cigarette lighter with a cover from these guys

http://www.lion.net.au/12_VOLT_ACCESSORIES.html

LA206A10
EXTERNAL POWER SOCKET.
Weatherproof 12 volt socket. Hinged cover for protection against the elements when not in use. Comes with extra wire and wire joiners for easy installation.
BARCODE: 9314458014238
walmart in the auto section..... they have them there too.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
this is how I did mine you don't even know it there.I just cut a hole the the back part of headlight and inserted lighter make sure you go low enough so not to interfere with narcelle.bought lighter at walmart and cut off the mounting tab that blackbeast used to hold his to headlight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The plug is an all wheather plug and it is only hot when key is on. I used used the Power Plate from DLP so it is on it's own fuse. I'm using the Garmin 785T. The Power Outlet came from Advance Auto.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts