M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys where I find a GPS handlebar mount to fit the 4 inch handlebar between the risers. It seems everywhere I look I can only find a handlebar mount to fit from a 1-1.5 inch bar. Can you guys provide and links or info.

Getlow

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
What kinda GPS unit are you looking to mount ???

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
type that model in with mount in ebay and see what comes up......... I got mine off ebay its a bicycle mount and works Great!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CMHGUY I did but most on fit a 1-1.5 inch bar. I may have to go with the second one Woody suggested because I ordered the first one he said and it wont fit.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The second one uses zip ties and will fit just about any bar. I've had it on for over a year and it holds great. Tested well into the triple digits.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
tomtom one setup

here is my cheap $30 setup.;)

i have the TomTom One
the same setup will work with my BlackBerry Storm in case i want to use the GPS on that & play some tunes at the same time. just have to buy the mount .:doorag:

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/rap-274-1-to4.htm

picked up a direct power cord on ebay for $12 and added a fuse.
Added a lanyard incase something ever goes wrong.:eek:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Your handle bars are 1.25" inbetween the risers. Unless you have aftermarket handle bars that are 4", which I doubt b/c you will never get your hands around them, your handle bars are 1.25" in the middle of your bars and 1" at your grips!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Get a Ram Mount...

http://www.ram-mount.com/ramgps.htm

Trust me...I went the cheap route and got a $10 mount off Amazon...broke in a short while...and bounced alot. I thought I was doing the right thing going with the cheap one...

The Ram Mount is NOT going to let go of your nav system...it is worth the extra $30 or so...trust me...

Chip

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I also have the 2nd one woody recommended it works great gps never moves
I have used it for 2 seasons now with no issues and also recommend :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts