M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say thanks to DirectLine for the super fast shipping.  Ordered Sunday - Received Wednesday.  Excellent.  :bigthumbsup:  It took about 20 minutes to install them with very few off color words being said. 

I can barely wait for the temps to fall below volcano status around here so I can test them out.   I know I'm a wimp.  :redfaced:  No point posting pics cause there are already a few on the site.  :doorag:

G

·
Re: Got my ISO Wings today..

JMO, but I think you will like them. Gives your feet more space and they are more comfortable than the standard type peg. Mine have only been on a couple of weeks, but so far :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

I want to change mine as well...not sure what set...I forget the name , but I think they are a lil smaller than the wings...not the switch blades though.

·
Registered
326 Posts

EAGLEFAN67 said:
I want to change mine as well...not sure what set...I forget the name , but I think they are a lil smaller than the wings...not the switch blades though.
I installed the Pilots on mine and have been pretty happy with them, larger then the stock but smaller and rounded on the ends to stay with the sportier look. The cheapest I found them BY FAR was here:

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/kuryakyn-pilot-pegs-without-ends.html

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts

red1951man said:
I just wanted to say thanks to DirectLine for the super fast shipping. Ordered Sunday - Received Wednesday. Excellent. :bigthumbsup: It took about 20 minutes to install them with very few off color words being said.

I can barely wait for the temps to fall below volcano status around here so I can test them out. I know I'm a wimp. :redfaced: No point posting pics cause there are already a few on the site. :doorag:
Always good to hear another testimonial for those of us contemplating this purchase. Not just for this product, but for Direct Line. :bigthumbsup:

eagerly awaiting your follow-up review on these ISO Wings...

·
Registered
414 Posts

Anyone recommend using Lock-tite on the bolts or do they stay together well enough without it?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

Trogdor said:
Anyone recommend using Lock-tite on the bolts or do they stay together well enough without it?
I prefer to use a little blue loctite on all of my aftermarket accessories that vibrate a lot, such as footpegs. Better safe than sorry. ;) :doorag:

·
Registered
310 Posts

Yeah, i would use locktite. one of the last things you want is your foot rest falling off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

OK first ride with the ISO Wings. When adjusting them I tried to follow the angle of the original pegs and they ended up way to high in front. So I lowered them about half way between there and level. They are better but now my shift lever is hard to reach. To be adjusted later. Â

Sad thing is I bought them because I felt like my foot was sliding off the right peg all the time. Well... My foot still feels like it sliding off the right peg. Duh..  :cus:

I will say that all in all the ISO's are better than the stockers. So that's a plus. I'm sure I'll eventually get them adjusted a little better. It'll be like my Hellcat. It took two weeks to get that right.  :redfaced:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts