M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasted my first Harley this evening. It was so cool!!!
My wife and I were coming home from Reno when this guy on a harley
shows up behind me, he then proceeds to blow past me weaving in and around other traffic .
After a bit we start entering Washoe Valley which is a 10 mile straight strech with a 70 mph
speed limit and only 1 onramp. So, he pours it on and I wait for my opening and then...
seeya, I pass him at about 120.
It was so cool I was doing 70 then with a small twist of my wrist BAM I'm doin 120,
WOOHOO what a rush :hot:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
We blow the mirrors off a harley most every day we ride here in the great state of Florida.

And it is sweet every time.......

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Fencer,
I wonder if it was the same guy as I killed in the summer? It was my first kill too. Harley guy in shorts and open face came past me about 70 on the same stretch of Washoe Valley so I had to go after him. I followed him up to about 105 pulled along side, looked over, then twisted it all the way and there he was gone! A speck in the mirror :D
All I could think was how much the bugs must have been killing his legs because I was picking 'em up like crazy on my full face! When I looked down just as I started backing off the speedo was showing about 128. :super:

It was sweeeeet! He won't be thinking of taking on the 109s again if it was the same guy :D

I also went to Street Vibrations celebration at Carson Harley Davidson. My freiend was raffling off 2 harleys that he worked a deal out wth them, right outside the front door. I pulled up at his tent, got off the bike to shoot the breeze and there was a whole lot of interest gathered around the 109 until the owner came and spoke to my Buddy who then told me I had to move it away from Prime location as it was taking away from the Harleys! :bigthumbsup:

I moved down to Reno so now I can ride a bit longer. Let me know if you are going on a ride sometime and we could mabe hookup.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if it was the same guy. This guy was heavy set and riding a blue electra glide.
I can relate to the bugs though they were thick tonight.
It would be great to hook up and ride with another 9er :bigthumbsup:
PM me and let me know...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Fencer where did you find your two into one pipe I didn't think anybody was making them yet for the 109?

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I WENT FOR MY LAST RIDE ON THE 1400 TRUDER TODAY . I BLEW PAST A HARLEY AND IT WAS SUCH A COOL FEELING!! WE WERE TO UP AND SO WAS HE, DID NOT SEEM AS THOUGH HE COULD DO MUCH I WAS DOING ABOUT 160KM\H AND HE JUST COULD NOT GET TO COME BY!!!HOPEFULLY THE 109 WILL BE HOME BY THE WEEKEND, MAN I JUST CANT WAIT :doorag: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts