M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to make a long story short I finally picked up my '07 Black M109 last Wednesday from my local dealer...traded my BMW K1200RS in on it. But had a trip to Deal's Gap already planned for the next day thru Sunday...and since the round trip was gonna be around 1100 miles or so I figured I'd best leave the 109 at home and ride my Kaw Concours on the trip (would have had to try and plan the 600 mile service at some dealer I didn't know if I had ridden the 109). It sure was hard leaving the 109 at home for four days while I was on the trip. Anyway....when I got back from the Gap trip on Sunday night I've been riding the 109 daily to work and some at night when it's not raining. ;) Well yesterday after I got off work I decided to stop in at a Wendy's restaurant on the ride home and pick up some food for dinner so the wife wouldn't have to cook...seeing as how she was nice enough to let me roll alone on the Gap trip with three of my buddies for four days. :bigthumbsup: Well I pull into the Wendy's and park next to a custom Mustang and go in and order. I come out and see this young guy (the owner of the Mustang) standing next to my 109 drooling over it...I walk over and he ask is this my bike and I say "Yes". He says it's the coolest bike he has ever seen....then proceeds to ask me specifics on it like HP, tire size, etc. Then he turns and starts to get in his car to leave and says " I have got to get me one of those 109's". :D

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Awsome man, you will get that every place you go, lol even the grampa and grandmas will ask about it, oh and nice ride you went on, next one will be on you M. CoooL

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biker-chicky said:
Awsome man, you will get that every place you go, lol even the grampa and grandmas will ask about it, oh and nice ride you went on, next one will be on you M. CoooL
Yep, looking forward to next year's Deal's Gap ride as I will be on the M109 for that one. One thing I'm still trying to get use to on the 109 is the forward foot position...as all my other bikes have/or had a more sport bike peg position. I kind of find myself feeling like I'm not setting up proper lines in the curves on the 109 as it just feels weird to have my feet so far forward. I'll adjust though...and by next year I'll try to thrash the Dragon with the 109. :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
welcome to the Owners Club. Glad you were finally able to get one, I know you have been trying for a while.
We will have to take them out on a ride sometime in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crow said:
welcome to the Owners Club. Glad you were finally able to get one, I know you have been trying for a while.
We will have to take them out on a ride sometime in the next few weeks.
Sure thing on the ride...looking forward to riding with a fellow 109 owner. You ever ride up to 29 Dreams near B'ham? Great place as we have been going up there since they opened. Maybe we can hook up and ride up there one Saturday. :p

·
Registered
205 Posts
biker-chicky said:
Awsome man, you will get that every place you go, lol even the grampa and grandmas will ask about it,
:bigthumbsup: I had a old guy comment about my 109 at a stop light on the way home from the gym the other day. he was probably around 70+ yrs or a really rough 60. :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PhreakShow said:
:bigthumbsup: I had a old guy comment about my 109 at a stop light on the way home from the gym the other day. he was probably around 70+ yrs or a really rough 60. :p
Funny how old guys are attracted to bikes....I've had several old guys come up to me when I've been out riding on some of my other bikes...and the first thing out of their mouths is usually something like..."I use to have one of them thar motor sickles way back when I was younger...but then I got married and the little wife made me get rid of it." I always respond with "If you had it to do over again would you have kept the bike and got rid of the the little wife?"...most of the time they just smile and nod. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, either it's a pandemic, or the M109R is truly mesmerizing, (without a doubt) by the way :welcome: to the "CLUB" I dare say in a short time the BMW will be just a fond memory and the 109 will be coursing through your veins! enjoy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MYM109R said:
Ok, either it's a pandemic, or the M109R is truly mesmerizing, (without a doubt) by the way :welcome: to the "CLUB" I dare say in a short time the BMW will be just a fond memory and the 109 will be coursing through your veins! enjoy :bigthumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome...and the BMW is already a fuzzy memory...don't get me wrong the K1200RS is/was a smooth riding, fast bike but the upkeep was killing me. We only have one certified BMW dealer in the state of Alabama and he pretty much named his price for service. And man was he sticking it to us Beemer owners. Cost me over $800 for the last major service.

I already love the sound of the big 109 motor...never really owned a V-Twin before...always been an inline or flat four owner....well besides the dirt bikes I cut my teeth on. Now I just have to get use to the forward foot peg position on the 109. :p

·
Registered
426 Posts
Get used to the attention, you will get a lot of it on that machine. I just came back from a weekly bike night where a few hundred bikers gather every week and like clockwork, I watched people walk around and point to 109 like it was a rare custom bike. Pretty satisfying to sit back and watch people's reactions to this bike. It really never gets old either.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:D I love this bike....on the ride home from work today...I was cruising along in the middle lane on the interstate just poking along at around 70 mph (still breaking the beast in) and I see a Busa hit the on ramp in the right lane behind me. Then a few seconds later I see the Busa come by me in the left lane doing say around 80 mph or so....then all of a sudden he slows back down to check me out....looks over at my 109 for a few seconds then gives me the thumbs up sign and then blast off on down the interstate. :bigthumbsup: Then at bike night tonight all the guys are just drooling over my 109...had to wipe her down when I got home. :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
I ride with a buddy who has a VTX 1300. Most places we stop for any length of time, someone will come over and start asking questions about the M. When they finish and we mount up to leave, I always turn to him and say "I hate when that happens". He just grins and says "yeah, sure you do". It's great!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
congrats waltert, I have gotten a few nice compliments on mine too even by a cop I thought was going to write me up but let me go! are you on any other forums? your screen name sounds familiar. have you been on either the Honda Sabre forum or the ZRXOA?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts