M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I pull over to take some pictures and oil starts shooting out of the *(#&&(*# air filter area.

The dealership is coming to pick it up tomorrow morning and have promised to bring it back to me by end of business day tomorrow.

...... this is after I test rode one Saturday and told the saleslady that many 109 owners have commented on overfilled bikes. "Wow, this repo you test rode was overfilled too, we think the owner did it though" ... which he may have but darn it.

Anyway, its a beautiful bike and at least I'm not gonna pay for the pre 600 mile oil change I do on every bike I break in so thats a plus, huh?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good luck with that. Did it happened close to home? We'll be expecting some pics when the job is done. Take care and be safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the soon to be wife. More pics (rated G I'm afraid) are at web.mac.com/alanwhite123

Oh it happened about 15 minutes from the house luckily... Pulled over, broke out the camera, ready to take picture, and queue the oil..and ACTION! I was like WTF!!! Oh well. Service manager called to apologize and said they had the service bulletin about the 109 oil issues and that I would be taken care of in short order. You can't ask for more than that.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sorry to hear about your misfortunes. if only you had found this site before your purchase. :bigthumbsup: :welcome:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I did find it before my purchase... I picked up the bike at lunch, rode it to work, took the scenic ride back to the house and .... end of story.

Oh well, dealer is gonna do good on it so I should have some riding time tomorrow evening and pics to follow.

be safe out there,
alan

·
Registered
898 Posts
your list of bikes read similiar to mine in number :D nice website ... lots of great pics... i enjoy takin lots of photo's also.... good job on the presentation and layout....

sorry about the oil thing...hopefully everything will be good now... do you still have any of your other bikes?

khrome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guy, nope... One bike. Well and Carrie's lil vulcan 500 (FUN. And, you get to say "pfffft its my woman's" when someone laughs then they are "Oh... thats cool" haha

·
Registered
379 Posts
JeeeZZ!  You'd think with all the hype and a Suzuki service bulletin dated 4/19 about over filling the oil;  These dealers would be getting it strait by now.  Duhhh.  Where are the brains.  :eek:  Anyway after the initial BS I think you'll see you've made a fine choice of motorcycle. 

I hope you got the black one cause it is the fastest. :bigthumbsup: Oh.... Cute bride to be. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think the dealers have a secret pact to purposely overfill the oil if you tell them not to. They probably called each other and agreed to overfill every one that people tell them NOT to. LOL. Anyway, welcome dude and congrats on the bike and your up coming marriage to one beautiful lady.

·
Registered
122 Posts
:evil: :evil:What's up everyone!!!  Well I just got my 2007 109 today! It's black, it's bad and I can't wait to get the mods you all have posted here. Love the 280 tire Lamont and Rob are working on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, one would think they would drain the oil out and put in the required amount but no.... they just drained till they were satisfied that 109 had the correct amount on the dipstick so oh well.. bike is on its way back.

I guess I'm wrong in my thinking, but I would think you would drain her out and ensure you put in the required amount to bring to spec but whatever...... should be delivered here to work in a few minutes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got my beautiful black bike 1 1/2 weeks ago and mine was spilling oil all over the place, even after I told the dealer about the complaints. He assured me that they were professionals and that I shouldn't be concerned. I getting free oil air filter and oil filter because of this. Anyway I still love the bike, welcome to the elite M109R club.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts