M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a bad starting point.

This was the best of 3 runs but all were within 2hp and 3ft lbs. It really showed me that the dyno at OCC is way off! One guy ran his with just a set of scorpion tips and his sheet said somewhere around 123hp and 131ft lbs. This other guy at OCC had tips, an air kit, and a PC3 and got 142hp and 161 ft lbs. Both were happy and didn't question it at all but then again they both thought that the 9 has more torque than horse anyway. Oh well, atleast they were cool to talk to.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Not a bad starting point.
This other guy at OCC had tips, an air kit, and a PC3 and got 142hp and 161 ft lbs.
:eek:.........I give up trying to understand the all over the board Dyno numbers with virtually the same setup. :dontknow: Unless your running at the drag strip all the time, I think going to the Dyno & paying for the Dyno is basically a big waste of time. Just put a plug & play Cobra FI2000R in, save the money and run the roads like a madman and be happy. :doorag:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was curious and it was fairly cheap for the three pulls. You like the Cobra that much? I just picked on up off a member on here but haven't gotten to put it in yet.
Is it fairly easy to install or do I need to pop the tank and plastics off?

·
Registered
284 Posts
:eek:.........I give up trying to understand the all over the board Dyno numbers with virtually the same setup. :dontknow: Unless your running at the drag strip all the time, I think going to the Dyno & paying for the Dyno is basically a big waste of time. Just put a plug & play Cobra FI2000R in, save the money and run the roads like a madman and be happy. :doorag:
yea i agree just ride

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I was curious and it was fairly cheap for the three pulls. You like the Cobra that much? I just picked on up off a member on here but haven't gotten to put it in yet.
Is it fairly easy to install or do I need to pop the tank and plastics off?
The Cobra is what it is. It's cost effective and it works. Having said that it does have limitations such as a specific map option. But you can adjust it yourself and tune it to a degree. True hardcore Dyno guys and guys wanting to get the absolute max. HP won't be happy without a custom map module and that's fine. But for most everyone else the Cobra fits the bill.

It's as easy to put in as any other module. Yes you have to pull the tank off but that's a piece of cake. You also have to pull at least your pipe side aircover off as well to get to that injector. It took me under 30 minutes to install once I understood what I had to do. You will get better throttle response and smoother throttle response with it.

There's a whole thread in the "How to" section about doing it as well.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know, thanks. I'm a little nervous taking off the tank for some reason but I guess I'll have to get over that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts