M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my black 07 today, love it but it almost put me down when I got my size 15EEEEE toe caught under the shifter , have to ride with my brake foot at a 80 degree angle, hope the pipe wrench I took to it when I got home fixed the problem ( haven't been back out on it since apply the wrench), also de-badged it. Its going to be great. Thanks to all of you on the forum I will hopefully be able to handle any of the little quirks it may have, I sure bugged the dealer about overfilling the oil, they said they didn't but will wait to see.
How do you all do your break-in , I had one dealer tell me there was no need for a break-in another said keep it under 4500rpms for the first 600 miles, guess I should do a search before cluttering up the board with something that has already been addressed.

G

·
Congrats bro. I think that makes 3 today who picked up new 109's. With those feet I guess you did need to make some modifications. 13EEE here and I have a little bit of trouble, but 15 whew, you may want to look into the Kuryakyn ISO Wings for your bike. I am sure you will find them more comfortable than the stock pegs for sure. As for the oil and all, let the Search bar be your friend. There are hours and hours of stuff here that will have you being an expert in no time. Congrats again

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
:welcome: you can adjust the lever forward 2 notches. it is alot more comftorable. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bruno - Just did as you suggested and ordered the ISO Wings from Direct Line.
Just took a quick ride and the pipe wrench definetly helped but think I will need to make another bend at the top end to get the pegs more level. Big feet suck..... ::)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup thats how i break in my 4 strokes, also thats how we broke in our yammi 4 cylinder last year on our apex snowmobiles,we rode them over 2300 miles apiece and used no oil,not one drop,and they ran sweet both running over 118 gps on snow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts