M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, yall have me spoiled with the how-to's. I will be getting a set of rims soon. I can not find a how-to on this. I found diagrams and such but no actual pics or step by step.

Am I miss the how-to?? Should I attempt to tackle this project or pay the $150 that my shop will charge me?

Thanks
:cop:

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
He'll no for $150 bucks. See if someone can send you a digital copy of the maintenance manual. Pretty easy even for the novice mechanic. You can use the search feature here also. I know BP just did a quick write up the other day how to do this. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Really not hard. Just follow the owner's manual, but shop manual would help too. I'd buy the wheel adapter tool in steel and stay away form the aluminum one.The hardest part for me was getting the rear splines to match up to the rear wheel. Fought it for awhile ... came back and it slipped right on.:dontknow:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The rims are on the way. I hope the deal works out. It is actually those Black Chrome Rims that were in the For Sale section a few months ago.

Can anyone help me out by sending me a copy of the maintenance manuel?
[email protected] is my email address.

Thanks again,

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
Thanks guys. The rims are on the way. I hope the deal works out. It is actually those Black Chrome Rims that were in the For Sale section a few months ago.

Can anyone help me out by sending me a copy of the maintenance manuel?
[email protected] is my email address.

Thanks again,
Here you go, the full service manual. It's about 72 megs if I remember correctly.

Service Manual

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Hal had it on here and then took it off because of possible copy right violations.

:congrats: on your new rims also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Ok, yall have me spoiled with the how-to's. I will be getting a set of rims soon. I can not find a how-to on this. I found diagrams and such but no actual pics or step by step.

Am I miss the how-to?? Should I attempt to tackle this project or pay the $150 that my shop will charge me?

Thanks
If I had to ask a 109 board how to install wheels that probably cost an arm and a leg, I'd just pay someone or ask someone to show me how it's done instead of taking a risk at messing up new wheels. ...just saying. :-\ If you're going to tackle this by yourself for the 1st time, at least put blue painter's tape around lip on both sides of the rear rim before installing.

Where do you live? If you're nearby, I'll help you. Once you see what's involved, you'll be doing it yourself and passing it on. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are the best.

Seapup, I will take the precautions you mentioned, but if I don't try I won't learn. I appreciate your offer to help, but I live in South Louisiana. I have a few people that I can get to help, but none of them are familiar with shaft driven cycles, only belt and chain.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You guys are the best.

Seapup, I will take the precautions you mentioned, but if I don't try I won't learn. I appreciate your offer to help, but I live in South Louisiana. I have a few people that I can get to help, but none of them are familiar with shaft driven cycles, only belt and chain.

Thanks,
I helped Navydave by talking him through it over the phone. If you need me to, I would be more then happy to walk you through it before you get into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts