M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings 9'ers

Just had a moment to share this. Was on my way home from school (Cleveland State University), my school is in Downtown Cleveland and I had a good 30+ mile ride to get home. Just before I took off I noticed that it started to spit a little...thought I could beat the rain...WRONG! :-\

Anyway I am on my way things look good and then it came the rain, I had no rain gear or even jacket. My first thought was to pull over and try to wait it out and I did stop for just a few minutes and the I just said :edit: it...gotta roll. I must say this my first rain experience with my 9 and I have to say that I did not have the same feeling I did when I would get caught in the rain on my sportbike (ZX9R). On the sport bike...pucker factor was +100! :eek:

Riding in the rain on the 9 was well in a word... it was alright, the rain sucked though and it got a little painful...I was wearing my half helmet today. I must say the beast was pretty stable and very sure footed in the rain. I have to be surprised by the weather to ride in the rain...but now that I have been there done that next time no problem.

I would not recommend anyone riding in the arin unless you have no choice...the worst part is the bike looks like :edit: after the rain. Take care and remember, be safe and ....ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
It's no big deal! I was caught in 2 storms last week coming home after a 300km ride and as I was riding through the rain I saw 4 harley riders hiding under a bridge :a20:

As I rode by them I made sure to blast my Stebel Air Horn twice to let them know they suck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I ride in the rain regulary. once across the state of wisconson the entire way. having saddle bags does come in handy! and that rain really hurts when you dont have a helmet. yeah I know you dont have to say it ...... its a choice thing

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think I end up in the rain one way or another almost weekly. You'd be
surprised just how much a bandana on your face can help with the rain :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here in charleston, SC it almost never fails...those afternoon showers. It is like a race sometimes, it pours as soon as I pull into the garage or it rains on me as soon as i hit the highway all the way home. I hate the full face(freakin Hot), but I feel your pain with the half helmet!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Here in VA, the weather loves to be all sunny and then have a 10-15 minutes thunderstorm. I've gotten caught a couple of times on the freeway cruising at 75 mph and then BAM a wall of 1/4 in droplets. THEY HURT!!!!! But I have never pulled over, just slowed down and lowered the helmet a bit. The bike is very stable in the rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts