M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They told me yesterday that I'm well ahead of where I should be, this soon out of surgery. I've got good strength in my leg, and can get about a 70 degree bend in my knee, unassisted and with little pain. They said if I keep up this pace (though I dont want to push it) I could be back out on the bike in as little as 6 weeks!! Got the staples taken out on Monday and that made things feel a hell of a lot better too

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's great news. Be patient. I had knee surgery earlier this year. Give your knee time to heal before you put a heavy load on it. It's not the usual riding that will sneak up and bite you, it's the unexpected. One minute everything is cool, the next you're trying to hold the bike up with one leg...and it's always the one you don't want to hurt. It's been over 6 months and I'm still having problems. But my job cause most of mine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I'm definitely going to take my time with it, and not rush anything at all. This is the 3rd operation on the same knee, over the past 3 years. Last year, I had ACL repair done in January, and I was back out riding in March. This time, with the full reconstruction, its been a bit more painful that I thought it would be, and I definitely dont want any type of setbacks. If I cant ride until next year, then so be it :-\

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Good news ! I was just wondering how did it ,your knee that is , Get so messed up in the first place ?

stay on the Straight and Narrow :congrats:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news ! I was just wondering how did it ,your knee that is , Get so messed up in the first place ?

stay on the Straight and Narrow :congrats:
WELL, the word on the streets is, I tore my ACL playing in a football game. In actuality, I slipped walking down a damn hill! Foot got caught in a hole/rut or something, and I slipped, twisted, and the knee popped. Wasnt a good feeling at all :verymad: It happened in late 2008, and I had surgery on it January last year and all they did was "repair" the tear. Somehow it tore again, and that necessitated this surgery, where they did a full reconstruction of the ACL.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
No Need for the cover story Bra ! and I am Glad they Fixed Correctly this time , A life can Change in a Blink of a Eye for all of us !

just For you , in 1999 I was on my way to work Heading East, The Sun was in my Eyes , A sudden urge to sneeze surprised me , and the Resulting reflex motion Threw my back out , I missed Two week of work over that Stupid episode ,When i called to let them know where i was,
and what happened they didn't Believe me ,and i didn't care ,,

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Need for the cover story Bra ! and I am Glad they Fixed Correctly this time , A life can Change in a Blink of a Eye for all of us !

just For you , in 1999 I was on my way to work Heading East, The Sun was in my Eyes , A sudden urge to sneeze surprised me , and the Resulting reflex motion Threw my back out , I missed Two week of work over that Stupid episode ,When i called to let them know where i was,
and what happened they didn't Believe me ,and i didn't care ,,
I threw my back out when I went to put my heavy ass miniature pincher down so he could get his food. I guess he was hungry, because as I was bent over, he kind of squiggled to get free, and I ended up wrenching my back and was down and out for about a week! What luck we have, my brotha, what luck we have :dontknow:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I threw my back out when I went to put my heavy ass miniature pincher down so he could get his food. I guess he was hungry, because as I was bent over, he kind of squiggled to get free, and I ended up wrenching my back and was down and out for about a week! What luck we have, my brotha, what luck we have :dontknow:
its not luck that's age... glad i will never be as old as you all... glad the knee is working out for you...some time the knee tends to be reworked as if they just can not get it right...remember act your age and stay in the wheel chair and on the walker as long as the doctor say...just messing with you , get better...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its not luck that's age... glad i will never be as old as you all... glad the knee is working out for you...some time the knee tends to be reworked as if they just can not get it right...remember act your age and stay in the wheel chair and on the walker as long as the doctor say...just messing with you , get better...
Hey now!! I'm only 34

1 - 15 of 15 Posts