M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After tanking up in San Angelo I rode for about 30 miles, on the way home from the ROT rally, were the bike started running like S___ for the next 70 miles to home.

Good news,

But I got the bike running right after adding a bottle of 104 octane boost, on the advice of my Harley friends, that same afternoon.

Bad news,

I ordered a fuel filter which took two weeks to come in, the day before my Tucson ride. The dealer that got it for me couldn't install it but I got another dealer to do it that afternoon.

The rest of the bad news,

It cost me $200.00 to get it put in.

STEALERS!

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
After tanking up in San Angelo I rode for about 30 miles, on the way home from the ROT rally, were the bike started running like S___ for the next 70 miles to home.

Good news,

But I got the bike running right after adding a bottle of 104 octane boost, on the advice of my Harley friends, that same afternoon.

Bad news,

I ordered a fuel filter which took two weeks to come in, the day before my Tucson ride. The dealer that got it for me couldn't install it but I got another dealer to do it that afternoon.

The rest of the bad news,

It cost me $200.00 to get it put in.

STEALERS!
OUCH!! Did they kiss you first.:joke:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Did they at least take you out for dinner or take you to a movie? :-*
Wow, that is high. How many hours of labor did they charge you.....1.5 or 2? I could see charging one hour but it really doesn't take long...30-40 minutes tops.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Oh that's some bull!! Yeah, they probably got you for 2 hours labor on that one. You should press charges for being violated. Ouch!

·
Registered
7 Posts
:edit: Wow!!! Really glad my Buddy and I did mine. With the test ride it only took us about a hour and a half........:hot: It runs like a champ too. By the way we also found a loose plug wire on the rear cylinder.:cus:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
wow. No movies, no reach around, no dinner and no lube. Wow. He got you good. My first nine I was intimidated. As it got older I thought. What the hell. Now i love working on it. Just change the back tire. The front not long ago. Every time i do them it get easier.

After that one i bet your going to learn to do yourself..

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You could have done this yourself in about an hour....while taking your time and drinking a beer...maybe two. If your going to be a motorcyclist, you have to learn to do as many things as you can for yourself. It's as true today as it was 40 years ago...when you got stuck back then,there were no cell phones:D And back then most bikes were less reliable then they are today.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
That shouldn't cost $200 even if they sold you the filter. I'd love to see how they itemized that bill. :eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes sir eeee,

They got me alright. I'm gonna do more of my own work. I was due to go on a ride the next day to Tucson, leave at 5 in the morn and didn't want anything to go wrong so I had the dealer in town do the job, its the last time I let that shop touch my bike! The shop where I bought the bike did a 10,000 mile check up a week before one of my buddies noticed a foot long strip on my back tire where they missed cord showing on the worn out tire. I swear they don't care, its all about getting you in to take your money and couldn't care less about the rider. I went back to the service manager and came right out and told him he missed a bad tire. It was about to go, I could have been found in the ditch all mangled, think he said anything? NO! I told the dealer where they changed the fuel filter about this 109 forum where guys share all about fixes and such and the possible bad fuel filter, they said you guys don't know what your talking about. I think its the other way around, the filter was black.

THIS IS THE BEST SITE, BUNCH OF RIDERS TO BE FOUND.
THANKS GUYS FOR THIS GREAT SITE WHERE YOU SHARE A WEALTH OF INFO AND INSIGHT!

:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
dealers

Those cheating dealers,Looking to rip off all us poor riders,Just because
they invest in inventory,train and pay their employees,pay for insurance
in case we riders or our family gets hurt on their property,cover for theft
advertisement,rent,employee benifits,etc,etc.The nerve of dealers trying
to make a profit.They should show us how to repair our cycles,sell us
parts and cycles at below cost and pay techs to repair out bikes at no cost.How Unamerican of dealers to make a profit,If they all went out of
business we all would be better off.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
parts and cycles at below cost and pay techs to repair out bikes at no cost.How Unamerican of dealers to make a profit,If they all went out of
Great Devils advocating, however there's a big difference in making a fair profit and a total ripoff. I ran automobile dealerships for 20 years and stayed in business because I always tried doing the right thing and did it better then most others. $200.00 for r&r of the tank and fuel pump and strainer is a rip...not having access to the flat rate schedule I would guess they call for .5 for the tank and another .25 for the pump assembly. Even if the dealer rounded it off to an hour, I'm not aware of too many motorcycle dealers getting $200.00 an hour...but this has been a good lesson to either learn to service and repair things yourselves or shop for your services for the best price and repair quality.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
must be a stealer^^^^^ errr i mean dealer

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
must be a stealer^^^^^ errr i mean dealer
And one who gets his work done on his bikes on our dime!! :edit:

What kind of response do you expect from a guy with a 14 post count :dontknow: He hasn't been here long enough to feel the pain :eek:

Don

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
at my local zuk shop the techs there arent even flat rate they are hourly granted they get paid a GOOD hourly rate it still isnt even close to the door rate. so at $200 for that repair that probably took them a half hour at best and say the tech gets paid $30 hr that leaves $170 for the dealership and they still probably hit you with shop and hazarious disposal fees (because they took the tank off) and that probably added another $5-10 to it so the shop made @$180-185 dollars in that short time.....and who knows how many other bike they had in there??

all that said i am a flat rate tech and i love making 100+ hours a week but they let us set most of our own times and when im looking at something and trying to bid a time i look at it like whats fair knowing that the customer is paying $105 per hour. (i work at a toyota store) because that chit adds up quick.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts