M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Embarrassed rider!:redfaced:
Rode over to a local hotel and spa to pick up a gift certificate as a donation for our annual fundraiser gala this Saturday. It is near my house so i volunteered not knowing that a very nice photo shoot was being held right in front. Of course the bikes rumble draws a lot of attention and in this case I did not mind. I waited for the contact person for about 10 minutes and talked to a camera man and possibly one of the models about some local things to do around town. For once i did not mind waiting around 'watching' the sights!:eek:
Well i received my donation and went on to leave and of course all eyes are on me (actually the bike:D) and of course my eyes are on the models etc..
I do remember saying please do not get the old clutch shudder as i take off.:joke: So I go to take off trying to look as cool as I thought I looked and went forward to the left and only the left as me Mr. cool with all the distractions forgot to unlock the steering lock!:redfaced::redfaced::redfaced:
It was pretty obvious too! what a tool i am but i did have a good laugh (and I'm sure they did as well).

this one will go don in my dumb embarrassing moments on a bike!
And YES I have done way worse!:D
Juice109

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way!!:eek: did you dropped in front of everyone?
If It was a camera crew then it got to be on youtube by now...
Didn't drop it but almost as the bike went left and your reaction goes right. (Small battle) but I won.
Dropping it and having it posted on youtube would have been bad!:redfaced:
I guess i was lucky in that sense!:p
juice109

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Didn't drop it but almost as the bike went left and your reaction goes right. (Small battle) but I won.
Dropping it and having it posted on youtube would have been bad!:redfaced:
I guess i was lucky in that sense!:p
juice109
WOW!! much better, you won! I bet they thought you were a stunt man!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'd have been like "OK, that was all YOUR fault for distracting me...besides, I meant to do that so I could come back around for another look!!!" :redfaced: :doorag:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STEERING LOCK!!!! WTF!!!!.............Who the heck uses that thing?? Were you like in Compton California at the time or something?

:a20:.....Thanks for the laugh bro. I needed one today for sure anyways.

·
Registered
940 Posts
:a20: I usually lock mine, I fear I may do the same some day. Not as bad as my brother hanging his sneaker shoe laces while puting the side stand down and falling over. :a20:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:a20: I usually lock mine, I fear I may do the same some day. Not as bad as my brother hanging his sneaker shoe laces while puting the side stand down and falling over. :a20:
That is one of the other embarrassing moments on a bike!
Did it in a total traffic jam leaving work on my 1st street bike (FZ600). left shoe lace got wrapped and when I went to stop, i leaned left and had no foot to put down.??? Bike came down on top of me with many cars looking on!:redfaced:
was not a good day!
juice109

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
hey look at it this way you made an impresion!!! :joke: probly not the one you wanted but everyone needs a laugh every now and then!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I have almost done that, but I always straighten my wheel up before I take off. I have had to shut it down and unlock it and then take off. Glad to hear that you did not take a spill.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Too funny......Glad you didnt drop it

But I too find it so hard that we keep hearing this story...Don't people do safety checks before starting and trying to ride away? IE check throttle for return, clutch and front brake levers for proper feel, turn handlebars side to side?

I just keep going WOW when I hear these kind of storys...I can see forgetting a disc brake lock if they don't have the "Don't forget to Remove" cable running from the disc to the handlebars....but a locked steering? wow

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Just reminds me that men can't multi-task....lookin at t1tties and tryin to ride a bike just don't work :bigthumbsup: :a20:

·
Registered
180 Posts
That sounds like something I would do. FUNNY :joke:

·
Radio Active Member
22,664 Posts
juice, thanks for sharing that. I needed a really good laugh. :a20:

I've done the same thing but most certainly not in the same circumstances. I'll be looking for you on YouTube. :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
A guy I used to work with did that with his Hardly nighttrain, he was trying to look like billy badass but when he did it he hit the throttle hard and dumped it... HARD:eek: we all laughed at him , he was an a$$hole:a18:

glad you didn't drop it, for such a short stop why did you even use it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts