M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing some LED's on my 9 this Fall. I have done many searches looking for info on LED installs on the 9 but can't find any good info showing layout, where the modules actually go, best ones to use, best routes for wiring, switch, etc. Is there such a how-to?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
best way is get a 9 volt then postion places u may like attach 9volt see how it looks adjust for effective light then run the wiring as hidden as possible id suggest a joe florida 120 kit im abotu to redo mine with it

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not much on the how to. I just took my tank off, removed some plastics, and started wiring them to the frame and zip tied all the wires to the frame and ran them under the tank. i have a remote so i just put the antenna in that useless stick of butter sized storage compartment under the seat.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! What do you all think of the led "PODS"? Seems like under the rear fender rails on the left and right would be good locations for the little chrome pods I have seen before?

Joe Florida kits are very expensive compared to most others. Are they worth it?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
make sure you get some quality led's. not all led's are made the same and some of the less quality ones will give you more headaches.

one good way to do an install is the suggestion using the 9-volt battery.

but if you want a really good way to do this, and a great deal on the led's from a member on here, then i suggest PM'ing 'tugboat' and asking him about what your options are. he also has an 07 LE and can tell you where to exactly mount the led's at for the maximum glow effect. he won't steer you wrong on the price either.

that is actually your fastest, cheapest, and easiest solution to your question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts