M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I switched recently to gasoline of 94 grades, and I can tell you the difference is very noticeable. I am not an expert in mechanics but I definitely sense better engine performance. I have GI-PRO and now if I run with or without it ON, difference is marginal.

I am going to stay with 94 from now on. I can not get it on every station but I will try my best.:drool:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I have run mine on mostly 93 Octane Sinclair, as it seems to be all that is available here in Oklahoma City. And that is only two stations that have it. There is scuttlebutt that a local Shell station has it, but it is too far to ride to get it.

What I usually do is when I go to fill up my truck I fill two five gallon cans with 93 and keep it in the garage. Then when I ride,upon return I top it off, so the tank is always full. The Sinclair station I go to also has 110 Sunoco available, and I keep a five gallon can of that as well. If I sense any pinging at all, a half gallon of that will stop it.

Runs good!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I was using 91 without thinking too much like: WHAT A HUCK it is like small difference. In fact it is a big difference, I can see it now.
Only problem is, If I can always be in a situation to run by station with 93 or 94 supplys.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I always run 93. Can't find 94 or I'd run it....
If your relationship with the station is friendly, they may be willing to show you the test report they get with their fuel. The Sinclair dealer I go to always shows me the report, because with the 2004 Ford Lightning I own, it is really important to get good quality fuel, being a blown engine. His "93" always shows up on the report as being in the 94+ range. He just slees it as 93.

At one time, all Sinclair stations in Oklahoma carried 93 premium. A couple of years ago it stopped for some reason. Their are a few select dealers who choose to get their fuel from Arkansas, rather than Oklahoma.

Those who buy from AR get the good stuff!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.