M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have been searching and i need some help... i'm looking for a how to on the goldwing mod and all the links i keep finding are taking me back to the old 109 site... does anyone have a link to a recent one? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
where they put the goldwing scoops in the stock air box... i really love the look...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
so i take it he had to get it all chromed again or painted??? i was hoping this may have been an easy mod to do but i guess not...
Not at all. The pics you looked at were of pynakil molding them in. I have the goldwing mod and tho it was not at all overly easy, it wasnt that difficult either. Its basically cutting a correct hole in correct location and inserting goldwing scoops with the use of epoxy and clamps.

Done right its kickazz:bigthumbsup: looks great and nice fresh cold air into the system. Here is mine....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not at all. The pics you looked at were of pynakil molding them in. I have the goldwing mod and tho it was not at all overly easy, it wasnt that difficult either. Its basically cutting a correct hole in correct location and inserting goldwing scoops with the use of epoxy and clamps.

Done right its kickazz:bigthumbsup: looks great and nice fresh cold air into the system. Here is mine....

cool that looks awesome... so you didnt have to have anything redone like the other guy?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope:bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup:Great thats exactly what i wanted to hear... that mod will be on my bike very very shortly... what kind of epoxy did you use? and what clamps were u talkin about?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

Looks Great!!

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Great thats exactly what i wanted to hear... that mod will be on my bike very very shortly... what kind of epoxy did you use? and what clamps were u talkin about?
A basic bonding epoxy (For Plastic use of course and sold at local lowes or home depot and most hardware stores) and decent 'C' clamps that are large enuff to clamp front and back of chrome cover. Make sure to use a good tape (painters blue tape is one) so as not to scratch the chrome breather. Good luck! Also, put some LED'S inside for that night time 'suhweeettt' look. I have not done it yet but thats in the plans:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A basic bonding epoxy (For Plastic use of course and sold at local lowes or home depot and most hardware stores) and decent 'C' clamps that are large enuff to clamp front and back of chrome cover. Make sure to use a good tape (painters blue tape is one) so as not to scratch the chrome breather. Good luck! Also, put some LED'S inside for that night time 'suhweeettt' look. I have not done it yet but thats in the plans:bigthumbsup:
haha alright i'm gonna start experimenting... thanks for the help and the ideas :evil:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the second link is the correct one.:bigthumbsup:
cool thanks pynikal just finished reading all 6 pages of that link you posted... the bike is looking great.:congrats:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so i started doing the mod today and everything was going smooth i had both holes cut but when i went to put the scoops in the scoops were straiger and i cant get it to settle onto the lip because of the curve of the covers... did any of you who have done this have the same problem???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts