M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing the goldwing intake mod. I have stock filters and drilled exhaust. Does anyone have this set up with the mod done, I am concerned about doing it because I am affraid that the air/fuel mixture will be too lean. Any ideas?

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
I am thinking of doing the goldwing intake mod. I have stock filters and drilled exhaust. Does anyone have this set up with the mod done, I am concerned about doing it because I am affraid that the air/fuel mixture will be too lean. Any ideas?
Yep! I had drilled stock pipes and goldwing mod with factory filters. No probs and I live at around mile high above sea-level.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
You could probably even toss K&N filters in and it not need a fuel manager. Drilling the exhaust mostly increases sound, not flow. And you're still drawing through the stock filter.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, now does anyone have any tips on cutting the airbox covers? I searched for a "how to" but no luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Make a cardboard cut out template first to see the size and shape of the hole you'll need. Then you can move it around and use a sharpie until you get them symetrical. Did both mine that way and love they way they look. I filled the gaps and sanded and painted them so it all looks like one piece.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
They come with some mounting tabs you can trace arund the inside

get a sheet of clear plastic cut out a small square to tape over

1 - 7 of 7 Posts