M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you experienced guys need to add to this list....I have read about to many folks dyin from the obvious lack of commen sense.
and we have new riders on this board....owning for their first time :yikes: an M109R

NEVER TAILGATE....at least 5 car lengths
DON'T RIDE IN THEIR BLIND SPOT....a guy just bought the farm here a few weeks back because he was riding there fender
NEVER SPEED IN TRAFFIC.....do that on the country roads.....ya gotta do it......speed.....watch for cows
WHEN FOLLOWING A STRING OF TRAFFIC.....see golden rule#1.....but shift left to right to make sure the idiots see you before pulling out or passing....and that little yellow button for flashing gets there attention
I had a couple more but I have beer block
Oh never ride after having bleer

G

·
FOURNINES said:
you experienced guys need to add to this list....I have read about to many folks dyin from the obvious lack of commen sense.
and we have new riders on this board....owning for their first time :yikes: an M109R

NEVER TAILGATE....at least 5 car lengths
Ok this is how I got my butt cut off I was hanging back to far, if your going to follow this rule there should be a disclamer..... UPGRADE YOUR SCOOTER HORN :D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
firecat said:
Ok this is how I got my butt cut off I was hanging back to far, if your going to follow this rule there should be a disclamer..... UPGRADE YOUR SCOOTER HORNÂ :D
Tried that...messed up the wiring, now have no horn.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That was a very interesting article and Bio, glad you made it available for those of us who need reminders about how lifes lessons can teach and put stuff in relation to what we(I) need to do. JOHN

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't hop on the scooter if you're upset/ticked off, i.e.-when having a domestic squabble. This is an often overlooked rule.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
FOURNINES said:
Hate to break this to you John, but there is no such thing as "common sense".

That being said, I commend you for trying to keep other bikers safe. :a18:

As far as adding to your list for new guys, I would say..

1) Always wear your gear and spend on it like your life depends on it (because it does).
2) The slower your speed, the more reaction time you have.
3) When you ride, don't get too relaxed and happy, think of yourself as a fighter pilot (ALWAYS being alert and systems checked), and every cager, bicyclist, dog, etc. out there as a potential threat.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have one more to add, never and i mean never, pull right up to the bumper of a car at a stoplight. Always pull up to them on one side or the other. That way, if an idiot does come in hot, he can pick a side instead of yours.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Grow a set of eyes behind your head...anticipate everything , always look ahead and see more than you would see if you where in a cage .
.......Don't pop wheelies on the interstate...or in tunnels ....like I know guys that do.

Say a little prayer before you ride and when you get back home....I have a wife and kid to tend to...and I love them.

Always check your horse before you ride...I do what I call a Pre -ride inspection , Check tires...look for loose nuts/bolts ect.

Wear your gear ! This summer I was behind a guy on a HD , he had on a wife beater shirt , cut off shorts and flip-flops :eek: . ...wow

Carry a cell phone....obviously have contact info on it and in your wallet. I guess I could go on for days....these are important to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts