M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys in the middle of Gold Wing Mod and have Left air cover cut out for the intake vent. Size and position is good but won't sit flat and not sure what people have used to secure it. Has 2 sided tape which was first choice but with the curviture off not sure if I should cut the intake to make it more malible and use adhesive cement. If anyone can help! Cheers BF

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
That's why I've had a pair of the vents laying around here for two years and haven't installed them. I've seen some that installed nice and some that just looked like crap.

The two sided tape won't hold it down enough. If it were me, I'd cut as much of the vent off as I could so it would be more pliable, and epoxy it in place. You can get some small clamps in there to hold it down while the epoxy dries.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Zoom thats what I was thinking.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That's why I've had a pair of the vents laying around here for two years and haven't installed them. I've seen some that installed nice and some that just looked like crap.

The two sided tape won't hold it down enough. If it were me, I'd cut as much of the vent off as I could so it would be more pliable, and epoxy it in place. You can get some small clamps in there to hold it down while the epoxy dries.
I thought I was the only one w/ two of those laying around!

I've decided to just send my covers to Ducks...whenever I can figure out what I want him to do.

·
Registered
364 Posts

Like Zoom said. I backed mine with mesh screen and back lit them with a red LED pod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts