M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! I've been lurking here on the board for a few weeks just drooling about all of your 109's. Now, I'm heading down to the dealer to pick mine up! 8) I got the call this morning and they said come and get it! I'm fricking bouncing off the walls!

I've learned one thing already today (I should have already known this one), you shouldn't eat spicy Indian food when you're really wound up with excitement and anticpation - I think I'm going to toss my lunch.

M109R Fan I hope your's comes in soon also!

I'm trading UP from a '93 FatBoy and I must say I thought I'd be a HD person forever - Then I saw the 109! I think it was pretty cool the way it all came about. I've been looking at new scooters for a few months now and was really leaning toward another FatBoy but then I saw the 109 and thought it looked super cool. I started reading everything I could get my hands on but had not seen one in person - let alone sit or ride on one.

Then it happened. One night I walked across the street from my office to drop off some packages at FedEx and there was a Black 109 in the parking lot. I went in and found a guy named Clark who lit up when I started machine gun firing questions at him about his ride. We went out and he let me set on it and we talked for about 20 minutes. While we were standing there, I couldn't believe it, another 109 pulled in the lot - A Silver one! At this point I figured it was some sort of a Devine intervention :joke:!!!

Well, the next day I went down to the dealers and handed the man a deposit on his next RED 109. He said that he had one scheduled for August/September delivery. It was already the end of August so I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

It seems like it has been a lot longer but the two weeks flew right by. Now she's here and I'm ready to RIDE! I'll give you my first ride impressions when I finally make it back - I may just take off and keep on going!!

You guys are great - you've already given me a dozen ideas on things I want to do to the bike.

I'm pumped!

McBel

G

·
whiteout said:
Um, excuse me Hal... White is a color ya know.  ::)

Congrats on your new 109, McBel!
I like the white. But the real test of how much you like it is when you plunk your money down. Thats a commitment.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
pics pics pics!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Congrats Man, I know the feeling, just bought mine this afternoon and will pick it up tomorrow morning, maybe I can sleep now..... I'm so excited I feel like I'm 5 years old and its Christmas. :bigthumbsup: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

G

·
Congrats on the Red 109. Hope the stomach settles down. It's funny. We are big boys now and supposed to be mature and all that stuff, but when it comes to our toys we are still like little kids. I absolutely love the red. If I didn't already have so much in my silver I would switch over to the red in a heartbeat. Enjoy it bro, you are gonna love this bike. Be safe and take some Tums :joke:

G

·
HalGreenlee said:
I love that red. Its probably the nicest color out there right now.
I am glad you finally admit to it Hal... I will let you stare at mine when I get it... lol... :joke:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bruno said:
Congrats on the Red 109. Hope the stomach settles down. It's funny. We are big boys now and supposed to be mature and all that stuff, but when it comes to our toys we are still like little kids. I absolutely love the red. If I didn't already have so much in my silver I would switch over to the red in a heartbeat. Enjoy it bro, you are gonna love this bike. Be safe and take some Tums :joke:
Yeah, what he said...I do love that Red...I'm trying to talk my son into buying my Silver so I can get the Red...LOL

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not only does black have more horsepower, it's stealth-like and slides under radar! :cop: :D :welcome: :clap2: You will love it! I have an old Honda cb750 which is now becoming engulfed in cobwebs! Congratulations! :super: :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:  Wow, what a great weekend!

I picked my 109 up on Friday afternoon but was immediately faced with a tough decision.  My ride dropped me off so there was no way to get the spare seat home along with some of the other "items" I purchased.  Do I leave the cowl on or put the passanger seat on?  My first thought was to leave the passanger seat behind and ride solo but then I had a more intelligent thought - put the seat on so that I can take the wife for a ride.  She had already asked me about going out for an evening ride so I figured I better go with the passanger seat.

My first thought after getting on the bike was "Wow."  I putted around the parking lot for a few minutes getting used to the controls and just plain trying to calm down  :p Once I got out on the road is was pure delight!  Everything was just like I imagined - except for the engine noise.  I was a little surprised by the sound of the engine - not the pipes but the engine.  I'm not sure if there is anything wrong but I can hear what sounds like a "scrapping" sound.  I checked the oil and everything was fine and there definitely isn't a problem with POWER. But, I don't remember hearing that noise on my other bikes. I'm going to have the dealer take a look tomorrow.

I only manged 120 miles over the weekend - but they were good miles.  I spent some time in the big commuter lot practicing my U-Turns, Figure 8's, etc. and I fell pretty comfortable on the bike already.  I am going to need to pick up some riser extension for the handle bars - Damn I'm short!  And I'm going to have to do something with the front pegs - I keep catching my boot between the peg and the shifter - the boot tread kind of gets hung up in there sometimes.  But I've got some ideas on how to correct that - thanks to you all!!!! :bigthumbsup:

The funniest thing so far has been the couple that pulled up beside me at a light.  I looked over and could seem them looking at the bike and they had big "question marks" on their faces.  Then I read the guys lips "It's a Harley."  The girl just smiled.  I laughed and took off.

I'll post some pics shortly.

Thanks for letting me share.

McBel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts