M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Can any tell will i loose any handling or power going to a 280 tire?
As far as power, nothing that you will be able to tell out on the street...guaranteed. I have raced 280 tire bikes with my 250 tire, similar mods, and the race is so close that it isn't worth even having the debate. :bigthumbsup: I personally cannot comment on handling, but from what i have been told from the 280/160 combo people...it is awesome.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
there is some handling loss from stock to 280... ya gotta lean into it harder and it tries to stand up on ya...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Can any one tell me will i loose any handling or power going to a 280 tire?
I have not noticed a difference in the power, probably not noticeable like Big Papa said. The only difference in handling is that you lose some ground clearance, but I also lowered mine 2". All in all I have no regrets, and looks GREAT:bigthumbsup::drool:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I had a 280 on a stock rim and the handling was crap scraping every time you went around tight corners i changed to a 250 and it was a big inprovment .
also the 280 is made for a wider rim and they wear bad on the sides on a stock rim as they are not stretched enough .

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
this 280 was installed on factory rim on mar 2009 and made around 15000 km , still in good condition, no ubnormal wear issues :dontknow:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 280 on a 10" wheel and it handles fine but a huge difference from the stock set-up. You have to push the bike harder in turns and it will try to stand you up. Regardless, I wouldn't have it any other way... except a 300 maybe :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
280 with oem wheel or 10" wheel what u doing!

makes a difference!anyways i run a 250 with oem for winter& 280 10"wheel most of the year what handles better! the 250 what looks better the 280

280 with 10" wins !

drive safe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks

thanks for getting back to me everyone after reading what everyone had to say just order my new ravens! Now what rubber should i put on my new rims? Not use to the width so dont know.:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
thanks for getting back to me everyone after reading what everyone had to say just order my new ravens! Now what rubber should i put on my new rims? Not use to the width so dont know.:dontknow:
Any new size tire has a learning curve to it. Get what makes you happy, the one that you like the looks of the most.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts