M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my Go Pro HD, but I dont have anything to edit the videos on my computer.

So can someone suggest a good video editing program that works well with the Go Pro

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Mac or PC?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Then I can be of no help.

Sorry.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have a Go Pro as well but not HD. I've used Windows Movie Maker but it's kind of a PITA. I bet there's something better

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
This is right from the Go Pro site

I use a PC, what programs can be used to view and edit the videos?

Windows Media Player or Movie Maker (download the latest HD-capable version and also download a H.264 decoder to update media or movie maker). CoreCodec CoreAVC is one company that offers a codec pack for h.264. VLC media player. Download this free video media player that supports .mp4 h.264 files: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ For other PC based editing programs, we have had several customers give good reviews of the Pinnacle Studio HD editing software which is compatible with the MP4 files. Adobe Premier Elements PC based program that is compatible with MP4 files. If you have an existing program that does not support MP4 files, you also have the option of using a file conversion software such as Squared5 or VLC Media Player to convert your files into a format compatible with your particular editing program.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm a complete hack, whatta talking about. You'll be making better & more entertaining videos than me by next month dude! :doorag:

Let me know when you have a YouTube channel setup so I can subscribe to it and see the roads in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Corel makes some really good products along these lines. I use Corel VideoStudio 12. All video editing software is setup basically the same in general. Some just have better features.

But for your HD camera try the free trial of Corel VideoStudio Pro X3. If you like it you can download the full version.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1175714228541#tabview=tab0
I'm a video editing guy myself (work) I've always used adobe stuff for video editing but I've always been a fan of Corel products... I am looking forward to trying this video editing software a try! Thanks for the suggestion :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Hey GR- thanks for the info on the Corel free trial. Is it safe to assume that if I want to download the the whole nine yards that it'll cost me a large chunk of my summer mod money? I just got the Gopro HD and ca'nt wait to try it out.

PS...how do you add the music? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Same boat... Got my camera today and can't get video to upload.. Only audio.. Going to give the Corel a try..Thanks GR

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Just my luck. I can't get the Corel program to even install on my windows 7 computer. It says its compatible on the website, but I can't even get to the install screen, no error message... just dies. What a bummer :-[

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well VideoStudio12 (X2) was only $30.00 for the download. It doesn't see to be available anymore. Looks like Pro X3 is running $60.00 for the full version download.

Here's a link to some tuturials for their products (how to add sound, music, themes, titles....etc)

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1190317160694

If you've never done video editing before it will take a little while to get used to it. But basically you have a "timeline" & a "storyboard" setup with the videos and you'll be flipping back & forth from those two views as you arrange and setup your video. And you can arrange them, trim them, add effects, add music, adjust the speed of them, contrast....etc, similar to photos in alot of ways.

Just play around with it and give it some time. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple really.

If you post them on YouTube just realize that they catch alot of copyrighted background music and will mute it. So unfortunately most of your favorite music can't be used in the background. They have an "audio swap" feature which allows you to pick from their "approved" list of music or you can use more underground/local music you like with no problems.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Better have a beefy machine to do the editing. It can take a while on machines without large drives, lots of memory, and fast processor.

Kinda lame that they didn't include some sort of video editing software. Even the Kodak Zi8 included some software. I was thinking about getting a GP-HD for bike rides.

A lot of MAC guys use Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express with the GP-HD videos.

ArcSoft MediaImpression 2 is another good one.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
FYI: I just edited my first GoPro HD footage from a friend of mine that has the new HD cam (I've only got the standard one). What I found out is this:

- You need at least a 3.4GHz (or higher) processor with 4GB of RAM computer.
- A 4min. HD vid. is three times bigger in size than standard.
- Takes about 1hr to render a 4min HD vid. in your editing software.
- Takes about 1hr to upload a 4min HD vid. to YouTube with a high speed T1 internet connection.
- Make sure you have a HD specific editing program.

Here's his vid. from his trip to SoCal. I had no idea the HD files were so intense to work with. Don't even try messing with them with an older computer because it's a complete PITA.

Select at least 720HD on the player to view in HD. Or just 360p if you have a slower connection & computer setup.

Video can be viewed here: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1305582#post1305582

1 - 20 of 20 Posts