M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMan is in the process of making the Stealth Intakes for the M90 and are set to be released February 18th. I'm on the fence about placing an order, especially considering the $325 price tag just for the intakes...add on the Bully FI Controller and it comes out to $559!

According to GMan, the intakes will not operate satisfactorily without the addition of the Bully FI Controller. I was under the impression that you needed fuel management only when you change both your pipe and intake...I have stock pipes. Am I missing something here or is this intake system different than all the others out there?

Anyone out there running GMan's Stealth Intakes with or without the Bully FI Controller? Are you seeing huge performance gains or was it a waste of money? I'm currently running the stock exhaust with Duck's covers (no K&N filters though, they don't make them for the M90).

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I wanted to get some opinions before plunking down that kind of money.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Yes, you only "need" fuel management when you change both, not one or the other. However, honestly, you will notice a difference with fuel management without doing any other mods. The bike comes lean from the factory and actually loves more fuel. It will be smoother and a better throttle response with it. Throw on some better air boxes only amplifies that. I don't for see a huge horsepower gain anyway, but with both of those mods you will notice it runs quite a bit better.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
A fuel management system will wake your bike up like a new one. I was in the same boat for a while. I didn't want to spend the money. Believe me you will be all smiles if you do.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Man Len that is a Kick A$$ set of covers at the end of your signature. Who ever got those is one lucky guy with great taste!!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
A fuel management system will wake your bike up like a new one. I was in the same boat for a while. I didn't want to spend the money. Believe me you will be all smiles if you do.
I say spend less and get a one of a kind cover by Ducks/Len. :clap2:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would put some money on the fact that you will see minimal gains with the gman intakes over your Ducks.
So at this point I'm thinking purchasing some type of fuel management system would be the way to go...rather than spending the money on the hefty price tag GMan has for the Stealth Intakes and the Bully FI Controller.

The performance increases GMan had listed for the pairing of both included an aftermarket exhaust system as well. To get those numbers I would have to spend well over $1000...for that money I could put it towards trading in the M90 for an M109R if I really wanted to see an increase in power :D

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
So at this point I'm thinking purchasing some type of fuel management system would be the way to go...rather than spending the money on the hefty price tag GMan has for the Stealth Intakes and the Bully FI Controller.

The performance increases GMan had listed for the pairing of both included an aftermarket exhaust system as well. To get those numbers I would have to spend well over $1000...for that money I could put it towards trading in the M90 for an M109R if I really wanted to see an increase in power :D
In my opinion, M109 or M90, you will only get minimum gains with intakes, fuel management, and exhaust. I did all of that and went from 104/100 to 115/110. Yes, it is very noticeable and I do pull on stock bikes but not like miles. To me it is a balance of looks, sound, and power. You have the ducks and they are known to make good power. The fuel management will wake the bike up even if you don't do any mods. So, with the Ducks covers, I would definitely put on fuel management before spending a lot of money on other intakes. You should notice a big difference in how the bike is as far as responsiveness.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bigpapa. Now to figure out which fuel management system to go with...off to the search button!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Fi2000r works great for a lot of us. :bigthumbsup:
Another plus 1 :agree:
I have a FI2000 on my C50 and C109. I put a PCIII on my M95 hoping to increase the HP over the FI2000 I had on it. All I managed to do is increase MPG by just a little, butt dyno couldn't tale any difference from the FI to the PC.

Unless you are trying to get every last bit of HP out of your machine and don't mind spending money on dyno time for the PCIII then FI is the way to go. One on ebay right now for 135.00 new

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I rode my 06 M109 for four years with Edelbrock filters, which are kinda sots the same thing as Ducks. I had no fuel management, and when I finally pulled the pipes late last year to install the Tri-pro, I found the inside of my stock headpipes to be ghost white.

This tells me that even with just intakes alone, the bike is running REAL LEAN. I would probably not do that again, insrtead opting to put on fuel management. I chose the TKI Fuel Injection Module, and it did totally change the way the bike runs.

Without the catalytic converter, and with the bike as it is presently tuned, I get that lovely smell of burning hydro-carbons.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts