M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys wearing? The ones I have are good to about 50*. Now that the weather is dipping into the lower 40's when I come home from work late at night, my digits are getting chilly. Def have to be the gauntlet type. What'cha got, from where and how much were they?

Anyone wearing heated gloves? If so, how are they and what about the electrical hook up?
Oh and while I'm at it, how do you keep the shield of your ff from fogging up?

TIA!!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
What are you guys wearing? The ones I have are good to about 50*. Now that the weather is dipping into the lower 40's when I come home from work late at night, my digits are getting chilly. Def have to be the gauntlet type. What'cha got, from where and how much were they?

Anyone wearing heated gloves? If so, how are they and what about the electrical hook up?

TIA!!!
I have several sets of gloves for different temperatures. My Scorpion helmet is anti-fog and does a great job of not fogging.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

TIA!!!
I have several sets of gloves for different temperatures. My Scorpion helmet is anti-fog and does a great job of not fogging.
Ryan, come on, lil vague don't ya think?:dontknow:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

TIA!!!
I just got these big B. tried them on sitting on the bike last night. Nice and warm, and I bought the more affordable 3 setting push button controller, just a push of a button. Mounted it on my riser cap, and hard wired under the tank and have the power lead come out right under the tach. So far so good, LOL

Price: $129.95
+ FREE Ground Shipping*

And here is the controller, and they have an optional remote for itfor $25 but they threw that in free LOL

Price: $35.95
FREE Ground Shipping on orders over $75*

http://cozywinters.com/shop/wg-mhlg.html

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

I just bought a full face and paid extra like $45 for the visor, that doesn't fog up, Crazy but it works...

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got these big B. tried them on sitting on the bike last night. Nice and warm, and I bought the more affordable 3 setting push button controller, just a push of a button. Mounted it on my riser cap, and hard wired under the tank and have the power lead come out right under the tach. So far so good, LOL

http://cozywinters.com/shop/wg-mhlg.html
Those look nice. Might be the ticket. Is the visor made of some type of material that doesn't fog? Waht ff did you just buy

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Even though its still warm here I always wear fingerless leather gloves. They have gel pads in the palms and give additional protection from hand fatigue. I think I paid about $20. for them and they hold up well.
I wear a FF Shoei helmet. I use ZOOKE products on my face shield and windshield when its on. There defog works great. You can find them at
http://www.zooke.com/

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Those look nice. Might be the ticket. Is the visor made of some type of material that doesn't fog? Waht ff did you just buy
The shield has some kinda coating B, Can't remember the brand of FF put I got 20% off Paid like $130 for it and $45 for the visor

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The shield has some kinda coating B, Can't remember the brand of FF put I got 20% off Paid like $130 for it and $45 for the visor
Thanks, I have an older Shoei rf 1000. Everywhere I have checked lately no one had shields for them. Not sure what that's all about since they were such a popular helmet.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I have a pair of long gauntlet leather gloves with 90g insulation for really cold weather. I'm not sure of the brand because I bought them at a bike show. I have some lighter weight insulated gloves for weather that is a little too cold for unlined gloves but not quite cold enough for the heavy stuff.

Anything with Thinsulate insulation heavier than about 90g starts getting really bulky to wear. My wife also has some heavy nylon gloves that work well.

Something I've found that is very effective is wearing a lighter glove underneath. I use the cheap cotton work gloves, the type you can get 3 or 4 pairs of in a pack, and they work pretty well. You can also buy glove liners that are even thinner and I want to try a pair of those. One type has aluminum threads woven into them to reflect the body heat back and I think they would work pretty well.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a pair of long gauntlet leather gloves with 90g insulation for really cold weather. I'm not sure of the brand because I bought them at a bike show. I have some lighter weight insulated gloves for weather that is a little too cold for unlined gloves but not quite cold enough for the heavy stuff.

Anything with Thinsulate insulation heavier than about 90g starts getting really bulky to wear. My wife also has some heavy nylon gloves that work well.

Something I've found that is very effective is wearing a lighter glove underneath. I use the cheap cotton work gloves, the type you can get 3 or 4 pairs of in a pack, and they work pretty well. You can also buy glove liners that are even thinner and I want to try a pair of those. One type has aluminum threads woven into them to reflect the body heat back and I think they would work pretty well.
Interesting info. Wouldn't wearing a glove under a glove be kinda bulky? The glove liners might be an option as well.

Thanks Mike:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Interesting info. Wouldn't wearing a glove under a glove be kinda bulky? The glove liners might be an option as well.

Not at all. I have two different thickness liners. Papa also wears liners in gloves.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not at all. I have two different thickness liners. Papa also wears liners in gloves.
Ahhhh, I'll have to check w/ him then. He knows everything and won't bust my ass about the search feature!!!:joke:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gerbing heated gloves rock!

I have the Gerbing heated gauntlet type. I got them off gerbing's closeout site i paid 80 bucks for them lifetime Warr. came with the wiring and all gloves work great keeps hands toasty I also bought the jacket liner on the discount site both work great 3 years running! Best money I ever spent. As long as its not snowing i can ride!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts

Bernie, as Ryan said, they work fine. What I do is drop down a weight or two on the outer gloves, say to 40g or 60g insulation, then wear the cheap cotton gloves under them. I think it's actually warmer that way than just wearing a heavier glove plus they feel less bulky. You have to put on and take off two pairs of gloves every time you stop, but that's the only downside to it.

Might want to look at heated grips if you're serious about riding in cold weather. Either grips or bar end heaters, though you have to drill the weights out of the ends of the bars to use the bar end heaters.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Anything from Alpine Stars is my choice. They do the trick for me but go big on the size cuz they come small.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts