M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's this? Can it be!?! Someone at Corbin has actually admitted there may be a problem! Hallelujah! I actually got an email from ScreamingYellowZonker's contact! He copied Zonk, and the latest manager I have been dealing with (who is the first person from the company that didn't treat me as if I was trying to rip THEM off!)! Basically he said: What a mess:
1)Fitment Issue needs to be addressed and fixed, NO QUESTIONS ASKED
2)I asked for what I asked for: They took the order and need to deliver or refund:He (he is 6'5) is working with Pegasus (I think, who is 6'6) to build a seat for taller riders: do I want to wait and be apart of the process in developing this seat with Corbin? They have an M109R to work with, and they will both be fitting it personally, and keeping me in the loop.
3)The leather issue: it is what it is and they will take a look (apparently they hadn't received any of the photos I had sent to the customer service reps, so obviously the CSR's had filed this under "Who gives A ****")

It's not much yet, but progress is being made. SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO ZONKER, the guy doesn't owe me anything or know me from a hole in the ground, but he took time out of his day to look after me and make this happen. GOOD LOOKIN' OUT, BRO!!!:beer2:

·
Registered
461 Posts
:clap2: Good call on a fellow member try to right things...good luck Bear and keep us informed...hope it works out in the end :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I really do hope they resolve this issue satisfactorily for you. I don't personally buy Corbin products because they are out of my price range but I've got many friends who use them and they do put out high quality products (when they do it right).

I would hate to see an otherwise decent company go down because they have a few bad :edit: CSR's/Managers that ruin the it's reputation.

I would like to support anybody who offers addons for motorcycles, especially the beloved M109 whether I can afford them or not....but customer service goes hand in hand with quality and you cannot have one without the other. The company that fails to recognize that is doomed to failure in the long run.

G

·
What's this? Can it be!?! Someone at Corbin has actually admitted there may be a problem! Hallelujah! I actually got an email from ScreamingYellowZonker's contact! He copied Zonk, and the latest manager I have been dealing with (who is the first person from the company that didn't treat me as if I was trying to rip THEM off!)! Basically he said: What a mess:
1)Fitment Issue needs to be addressed and fixed, NO QUESTIONS ASKED
2)I asked for what I asked for: They took the order and need to deliver or refund:He (he is 6'5) is working with Pegasus (I think, who is 6'6) to build a seat for taller riders: do I want to wait and be apart of the process in developing this seat with Corbin? They have an M109R to work with, and they will both be fitting it personally, and keeping me in the loop.
3)The leather issue: it is what it is and they will take a look (apparently they hadn't received any of the photos I had sent to the customer service reps, so obviously the CSR's had filed this under "Who gives A ****")

It's not much yet, but progress is being made. SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO ZONKER, the guy doesn't owe me anything or know me from a hole in the ground, but he took time out of his day to look after me and make this happen. GOOD LOOKIN' OUT, BRO!!!:beer2:
Not me. Not that tall. But I do have a Corbin seat, and I did sleep at a Holiday Inn..............;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey Bear, You came so close to just writing this hole thing off but you kept things as clean as you could and finally got some action. Although it has taken a lot of effort on your part you might be going down a better road with this. Still have a lot of road to go but you have shown how sometimes just blowing up doesnt end the war. good luck and I'm sure you will be giving a blow by blow of what transpires.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Great to hear, This site is kinda like a brotherhood looking out for each other:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I hope that everything works out. I know how frustrating it can be when you receive horrible customer service. It happened to me with RAW DESIGN and their forward controls. It took them a month and a half to get to me. However, they redeemed themselves and sent me a replacement gearshifter for free when mine fell off while riding. I put locktite on this one. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Panchester, not Pegasus. My Bad. Corbin has said they are starting me a new one. I HAVE BEEN GIVEN AUTHORIZATION TO DESTROY THE ORIGINAL! Video to follow after the weekend... it won't be for the squeamish... I'm going to drag it out and hurt that seat soooooo bad. In the end it'll be begging for death. I almost feel sorry for it, but it has to pay!

G

·
Panchester, not Pegasus. My Bad. Corbin has said they are starting me a new one. I HAVE BEEN GIVEN AUTHORIZATION TO DESTROY THE ORIGINAL! Video to follow after the weekend... it won't be for the squeamish... I'm going to drag it out and hurt that seat soooooo bad. In the end it'll be begging for death. I almost feel sorry for it, but it has to pay!
Don't destroy the evidence untill the case is over! :confused:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Good work Zonker:bigthumbsup::congrats:Bear..and :agree: with Peg,get the new seat on your bike then put the BOOTS to the old one:clap2:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Glad they are working with you. I now the guy your dealing with now really cares about what goes out the door. He seems to be a stick to his word kind of guy. I'll keep watching. Just so you know if they have to modify a pan for taller riders then that means making a new mold which will take a bit of time to do.
Bob

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
You're right Pegasus... I just want to hurt it so bad!
instead of destroying the seat, why don't you send it to baldylatino and see what magic he can create from the skeleton of the seat. you never know, he might come up with something awesome.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would, but the pan isn't right either: the load (and a big load it is) isn't resting on the bumpers, it sits on the tank, cowl and side panels, It also shimys side to side a bit, so the whole thing is a write off... Thanks again Zonk, and the guy I'm dealing with now has been great: I've received 3 emails from him already, and he's got me feeling pretty comfortable with the situation now. Like I said before (between all the ranting and raving), I knew if I could cut through to someone in higher management they would take one look and make this right. Mike Corbin himself has been copied on the emails, and I'm sure some heads are rolling in the Florida office. He also listed some stats on the issues they've had in the past two years with Corbin products on M109R's, and I told him he ought to take a closer look at this forum, because I believe I've seen and heard more complaints in the last few days than he thought they had. Seems the CSR's have been sweeping issues under the rug. And Baldylatino: someday bro...someday.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PS... if you do go with Corbin, INSIST ON THE CALI LOCATION: they seem to know how to do it right. I'm glad they've taken over my project.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hollister is where the Mike lives. He was there all day long walking the floor talking to the employees, customers and having a good time. He was all over the place checking things and made sure to ask if I was being taken care of at least 3 times. He really seemed to care.
Bob

·
Registered
503 Posts
instead of destroying the seat, why don't you send it to baldylatino and see what magic he can create from the skeleton of the seat. you never know, he might come up with something awesome.
Your such a smart dude. Dude, think about it and I'm sure You'll figure out why he cant't do that dude. I guess when people from Chi Town like to use the word dude.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Your such a smart dude. Dude, think about it and I'm sure You'll figure out why he cant't do that dude. I guess when people from Chi Town like to use the word dude.
whatever newbie. i see you enjoy trolling the boards and just trying to stir the pot.

"I guess when people from Chi Town like to use the word dude"

is that a complete sentence?
lesson 1: learn how to spell and use proper grammar before commenting on anyone's intelligence.

now make a feable attempt at trying to make a smartass reply.

bring it troll.

btw circus bear,
i'm glad to hear that you are getting somewhere with corbin and that it appears that you at least got the wheels turning in getting some sort of resolution accomplished.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts