M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I hope you all doing fine.

I was bumped by a car on my left pedal (lever side) a few weeks ago. Had to replace the broken foot rest and force bent the foot lever to it's right position.

Since then the Gipro digital screen has been acting up. Sometimes when I am on the highway after shifting from 4th to 5th the display read 6th! It had happen in slower speed too but I noticed more often on the last shift.

I tried to reset it by unplugging the battery to no avail.

The bike is running smooth and shifting even smoother than before the accident.. so I don't know what got into it.

Any clues????

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
From the shift lever, there is a rod that runs along the lower frame back to the gear box. It attaches to a lever next to where the clutch cable attaches. My guess is that it bent something in that area. May have damaged some wires. I'm not sure where the ATRE gear indicator gets its signal, but it is probably based on resistance at a sensor.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,577 Posts
Hey folks, I hope you all doing fine.

I was bumped by a car on my left pedal (lever side) a few weeks ago. Had to replace the broken foot rest and force bent the foot lever to it's right position.

Since then the Gipro digital screen has been acting up. Sometimes when I am on the highway after shifting from 4th to 5th the display read 6th! It had happen in slower speed too but I noticed more often on the last shift.

I tried to reset it by unplugging the battery to no avail.

The bike is running smooth and shifting even smoother than before the accident.. so I don't know what got into it.

Any clues????
Do you still have the Gipro manual??
Try to follow it as when you installed it new,.
It will tell you how to set it up for 5 speed bike...

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
From the shift lever, there is a rod that runs along the lower frame back to the gear box. It attaches to a lever next to where the clutch cable attaches. My guess is that it bent something in that area. May have damaged some wires. I'm not sure where the ATRE gear indicator gets its signal, but it is probably based on resistance at a sensor.
The gear position sensor is on the right side.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you still have the Gipro manual??
Try to follow it as when you installed it new,.
It will tell you how to set it up for 5 speed bike...
Yeah I don't think I have that, it must have been 5 years ago since I installed that. Going to google it thou, good call thanks!

The gear position sensor is on the right side.
Thanks, I am not really sure what I am suppose to look there, something bent? or loose?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had the same issue on my '07 for a few years: incorrect # displayed intermittently
sometimes #6 when I'm actually in neutral and the idle jumps up a segment on the tach;
drops back to a normal idle if I shift in&out and get it to read 0.
Nothing I tried ever helped, ... re-cal, re-setup, bla bla bla.....so I blamed my problem on the gear indicator assy.
I even ordered the special tool to get to the sensor.
I ordered the gps, but ended up getting my ecu flashed before I had the time to tear into the sensor replacement procedure.
As part of the reflash I turned off the TRE on my gi-pro, but the gear indicator display went off also.
I wasn't able to get the gear display to work without the TRE so I disconnected the gi-pro wiring.
An unexpected benefit was that the rpm's while in neutral stopped jumping around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts