M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I take my bike to the gym today and I pull out of my bike and shift into 2nd expecting to hear this horrible CA CLUNK like I always do... but I hear a nice smooth shift. best sound I've ever heard. so I think is just a one time deal, nope, pulled off a stop like and same thing, I can barely hear it shifting. I had the biggest smile pulling off of every light. I'm kidding about the ghost part. what I did do was switch over to Mobile 1 20w50 syn, I did that last week.
I :pray: that this keeps up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Barnett cables, shift star, and synthetic oil. It's better on mine, but still there on occasion. Mine seems to get worse the warmer the bike gets or if I ride it hard. We'll see how it does in August. :redfaced:

Glad yours is doing good!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have never had the "clunk" when shifting:dontknow:, I have no explaination....still like synthetic, I will have to make the switch.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
Same here, 20w-50 in either Mobil 1 or Amsoil makes the shifting so much smoother. And having a pair of boots with good firm toes on them. I now wear steel toed boots and it shifts really nice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a Harley, it clunked, also leaked and cost a fortune to do anything to it.....so maybe it's the brand or maybe I just don't notice on a better bike.

·
Registered
319 Posts
mine has been MUCH better since doing cbr1000dude's mod and switching to amsoil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.