M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I started a post or two asking questions about my bike. I have a 2008 M109R with a regular M109 headlight, not the small round one that came on some models... I bought the bike with a weird "custom made" from faring on it. I hated that thing. So I'm in the middle of building a pretty bad ass 109 and I want to put the factory headlight back on it. Well I've been buying stuff from Oneida Suzuki in New York. I ordered what I thought was the complete headlight assembly. Now that I'm ready to install it I just realized that the mounting brace is not what I have to have to put everything together. It looks like they sent me, (or I ordered) the wrong brace because the turn signal mounts are way too short from being able to mount the turn signals.... I've been searching the site there and other ones to get the right one. But the only one that looks like it will work is in the 2009 through 2011 assembly, which to me doesn't make sense. Can someone please tell me what the hell I'm supposed to get? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have the modified one from when they cut all of the mounting bolts off of the original and I have the new one... I'm thinking about cutting them and mounting the pieces that I need onto the one that I ordered wrong. But if someone can tell me what exact part I need I'll just do that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2007 M109R, and I think they changed the headlight assembly in 2010. Someone here know better than I do, but I can tell you for sure there are actually TWO different headlight assemblies that are the regular, and then there was the M109R2 that had a short stumpy headlight. I think you may have gotten the wrong bracket for your year.Just a guess. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. I don't have the short stumpy M109R2 headlight. And I believe that is what they sent me or that I ordered... I'm good enough with my hands that I think that I'm going to take the old one that I have and the new one that I have and cut off the legs that the turn signals mount to and weld them together and go with it. I don't have time to wait for them to send me another one and charge me to restock it.

·
Registered
2006 Silver M109R
483 Posts
Your tach should be mounted high on the handle bars on an 08. The later models have the tach mounted lower in the cowl. Keep ebay in mind when buying body parts. Might be cheaper options out there. Especially at the salvage yards.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
I think when they changed the tach to the cowl is when they changed the support bracket for it too. I know the headlight on the 2010+ models are attached to the support bracket differently than the older models They also went from a two piece front turn signal assembly to a single piece about the same time, and that probably changed the way the support bracket is made too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone, can someone share a link or any recommendations to buy the rear tire on the M109R?..If anyone has done it before, please share what is the price range for one of those fat-wide tires. I got a nail in it and I`m not sure if fixing it will be safe or better replace. The tire still have trend...The nail Is right in the middle as it shows up on the picture. Is loosing air little by little and the bike is sitting in my garage .Im about to take the nail out and put a plug and drive it to whoever will be able to fix it. Any suggestions??...THANK YOU

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,665 Posts
Hi Everyone, can someone share a link or any recommendations to buy the rear tire on the M109R?..If anyone has done it before, please share what is the price range for one of those fat-wide tires. I got a nail in it and I`m not sure if fixing it will be safe or better replace. The tire still have trend...The nail Is right in the middle as it shows up on the picture. Is loosing air little by little and the bike is sitting in my garage .Im about to take the nail out and put a plug and drive it to whoever will be able to fix it. Any suggestions??...THANK YOU
:unsure:
Well, you should specify the size you are after...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts