M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this is old news.......

Like many others here, I was extremely disappointed that I can not adjust my rear suspension....
The dealer...errrr, STEALER is no help at all. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

So, I dialed 714-572-1490 and spoke with customer service.

They say the machine is not supposed to come with this tool, however... Since they made a typo in the owners maual, they will back it up...

FOR NOW, until they have an official bulliten posted.

Call the number, provide your VIN, contact info and shipping address.
They currently have the tool on back order, but if you contact them before the bulliten is posted they will ship you one.

At least this is what they tell me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just got off the phone with them .....will be getting one as soon as theyre available .....thanks for the phone #.

G

·
The spanner that came in my Valk's toolkit worked perfectly on the 109's shock.

If you have MBS (multiple bike syndrome) maybe you don't need to get another wrench from Suzuki..........

·
Registered
750 Posts
If its another free tool it might not hurt to call and get another one. Just in case someone else won't be able to get one. :)

G

·
I think I've lived outside Canada for so long that my "eh" wore off :D .......but "house" and "about" always give me away.

You do know how to spell Canada, right? C..."eh"....N..."eh"....D...."eh".... :D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I called and spoke to Crystal (sounded like a real babe :bigthumbsup: ).

Anyway, she asked me twice if I found out about the spanner wrench from the manual or the dealer. I told her it was in the manual and I wanted to adjust the shock to see how the ride changed but no wrench to be found. Obviously with her comments about getting this info from the dealer, they are looking for an out so they don't have to supply owners with the wrench and possibly push the ownership of the issue back on dealers. But she added me to the list to get the wrench.

Interestingly, she asked if I had received my M109 jacket yet. I told her no. She said there was a delay on those as well but it should be coming in soon.

Note: She said they have gotten thousands of calls about the wrenches. I have a feeling that they are sending out updates to the dealers to add a sticker to the owners manuals to cover up the spanner wrench info. Anyone else notice a few stickers changes in their manuals? I got a couple in mine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have purchase Yamahas and Hondas before and always got the Spanner wrench in the tool bag. I do not understand why if Suzuki makes a bike with an adjustable suspension they do not provide one. Them cost will be around six cents if that. Anyway I just got out of the phone and because I got my bike before the Bulletin when out they will mail me out the wrench when ever they get them but there is not a time frame. I'm sorry for the new guys. Anyway, the lady on the phone was very nice and hopefully I will get one when ever they received them.

:eek:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Delmustator said:
I called and spoke to Crystal (sounded like a real babe :bigthumbsup: ).

Anyway, she asked me twice if I found out about the spanner wrench from the manual or the dealer. I told her it was in the manual and I wanted to adjust the shock to see how the ride changed but no wrench to be found. Obviously with her comments about getting this info from the dealer, they are looking for an out so they don't have to supply owners with the wrench and possibly push the ownership of the issue back on dealers. But she added me to the list to get the wrench.

Interestingly, she asked if I had received my M109 jacket yet. I told her no. She said there was a delay on those as well but it should be coming in soon.

Note: She said they have gotten thousands of calls about the wrenches. I have a feeling that they are sending out updates to the dealers to add a sticker to the owners manuals to cover up the spanner wrench info. Anyone else notice a few stickers changes in their manuals? I got a couple in mine.
I also called and talked to Crystal and it pretty much bolis down to what she told me is that if you purchased your bike before April 27th then you get the wrench. Mine is on the way also. :D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Swede said:
I also called and talked to Crystal and it pretty much bolis down to if you purchased your bike before April 27th then you get the wrench. Mine is on the way also. :D
I bought mine on June 2nd so like I said. If she asks who told you. DO NOT say the dealership. Tell them your manual says to use your spanner wrench to adjust your shock and it is missing from your tool kit.

P.S. Did she sound like a babe or what??!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts