M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done waxing with the new turtle wax ice. It has worked better then any to date. I am a clean freek with every bike i have ever owned. This stuff tokk 5 minutes to apply, 5 to dry and 5 to take off. Very smooth and a great shine. the Guy at Advanced Auto Parts said alot of motorcycle owners have been coming in and buying. Im glad i tried it. LooKS Great!!!!! Try It, its around $15 Let me Know

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Saw it at Wal-Mart the other day. Thought hard about buying some. I'm just always leery of "new technology" hype and marketing. I just may get a bottle of each and give it a try. I wonder if it's compatible with other products. I carry/use Honda spray cleaner/polish and micro-fibre cloths in one of my saddle bag for quick detailing after a ride (or before if dusty). Will I still be able to use the spray cleaner/polish after applying the Ice? I don't want to carry the Ice detailer spray bottle in my bag because I've had bad experiences with tops coming unscrewed and spilling contents. Can anybody offer their own experiences if similar to my concern?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i Honda polish the bike all the time it seems to compliment the. Ice they work well together. makes for easy bug removal. it claims to work on all black rubber, paint and plastic. i put it on all except chrome, but i did get some on the chrome and it came off like the rest with a great shine. no residue on anything!!!!! its awsome the best part is that you could probably get 15-20 wax out of one bottle I was sceptical but i figured what the hell. lets put it this way (I'm glad i took a chance) i really like it. hope this helps

·
Registered
102 Posts
Silver is so much easier to keep clean!

I don't need to polish it yet... So I use the spray on Trutle Wax and it seem to leave a nice shine on it... It really doesn't even need that but then again I even spray the roters with cleaner every week and etc.

:eek:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
gsxr150 said:
Good stuff for a quick in-between wax clean up... I use it on my Audi but it's not as good as a paste wax by far. You can get a paste wax like Mag. Tech Wax that won't make marks on black. I'm going to use that for my first wax job.
So you say the shine from Tech Wax is better than ICE? Are you talking about the detailer spray or the actual ICE polish?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Took your recommendation and grabbed a bottle this weekend.

Washed her up and applied the ICE. All I can say is DAYYYUUMMM!!! Bike looks so sharp now. Just shines like crazy.

Very easy to apply and polish up. Had the whole bike done in 40 min.

Recommended!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I must admit ICE is some good stuff. Tried it for the first time today and I didn't think silver could look this deep. I doesn't have the candy shell feel to it like a good paste, but still well worth it for it's ease of use.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I used the Ice last weekend and no doubt it is good for a quick touch up before you head out....

But IMHO it doesn't even come close to Mcguires Clear coat safe cleaner wax... that with an orbital buffer has produced the best shine for me to date...

My daughters Chaps dull the paint on the side of the bike near the passenger pegs every time I take her out with me. Turtle wax ICE did nothing for that, but the Mcguires (SP??) polishes it up like brand new!!

(My Obsesive compulsive nature has me waxing my bike almost every weekend...  Or maybe I am just showing off... who knows...   :D )

·
Registered
355 Posts
Bought some at Wal-Mart the other night but havent used it yet. If it is better than Honda Polish it will be well worth the money spent.

·
Registered
898 Posts
dobem109r said:
Just got done waxing with the new turtle wax ice. It has worked better then any to date. I am a clean freek with every bike i have ever owned. This stuff tokk 5 minutes to apply, 5 to dry and 5 to take off. Very smooth and a great shine. the Guy at Advanced Auto Parts said alot of motorcycle owners have been coming in and buying. Im glad i tried it. LooKS Great!!!!!  Try It, its around $15   Let me Know
got give props to dobem109r for this post ... i finally got by and bought some ice and tried it out today :bigthumbsup: damn that is some good sheeyut...

khrome

·
Registered
422 Posts
Isn't it funny
I bought a bottle on the weekend and IMHO it is absolute crap.
It streaked like crazy and made a mess of my bike.
Took it straight back to the shop and exchanged it for Meguires NXT....much much better.
Bike now looks better than new :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Not to "steal" this thread, but I've been using McGuire's Quick Detail spray since Day 1 and it works magnificantly on everything. I've seen people talk about the McGuire's NXT. Is it that much better than the regular stuff?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I used NXT on my car :dontknow:.I like the old standby Meguiars'26' paste.I prolly used too much,but the NXT seemed dustier than the 26! I did have to order the 26 direct from Meg,nobodie's carrying it no mo!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
zookmon said:
I used NXT on my car :dontknow:.I like the old standby Meguiars'26' paste.I prolly used too much,but the NXT seemed dustier than the 26! I did have to order the 26 direct from Meg,nobodie's carrying it no mo!
I use the Meguires cleaner.... Great stuff, wish I had known about it a long time ago.
Also use Meguires 26 to wax it... Also great stuff.

Turtle Wax Ice... bought it, used it twice and wasn't impressed. It can't take out small scratches that appear ohh sooo often in the factory clear coat, so whats the point? I have a hunch the NXT will have the same issue.

My $.02

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello All,
Very good input from everyone on this topic. I have been detailing cars for over 20 years and have been a fan of Meguire's products for most of those years. I have tried just about everything (Zymol, Ibiz, 3-M, M-NXT, and Pinnacle. However, about 5 years a go I started using Zano Brothers products, and they are with out a doubt the best and easiest products to use on the market. The shine that these products leave is absolutely stunning. I have the silver 9, and everyone who sees it askes if I just bought it and it almost a year old with weekly riding here in AZ. It almost looks as though it has another coat of clear added to the paint. The only down side to their products is that you have to order them from their web-site, but they do have fast shipping!! Maybe Direct Line can work something out with them. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts