M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of stuff with a sawsall. And tomorrow we will do some more. This way my pipes will truly be one of a kind (at least for now).

I spent the weekend in Surfside Beach, SC and rode over to Hendersonville, NC to visit our warehouse tomorrow. Pretty good ride, no rain and nobody willing to pass or at least make a try. Got lots of "thats a spectacular bike".

Tomorrow afternoon I will rode over to Lamonts and we will figure out a way to get the Speedster Longs on the bike.

Not many of you saw my VTX1300C but it had two different sets of pipes that we made from Cobra Speedsters. One set was about 16 inches long on each pipe. Actually rode it at Daytona without getting a ticket. The other set were cut so that the end was right at the swing arm pivot point. Loved them. One way or another the pipes will have their own look after tomorrow. I want them shorter but not too short. We also built a chopper frame for a VTX that got started with the sawsall. I love that tool.

I spoke to Cobra this afternoon and they are working on the fix for the slash downs. They will ship them asap. If anyone feels they don't want to wait for the solution just call us and we will send a tag so that we can take the pipes bike and give you a credit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hal Hal Hal  ::)  U and That Saw Saw  :D :D :D  Make Sure U come over to the Tent So I can See them!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin,

Did your wife give you permission to post on this board? This could be dangerous for her pocket book.

LOL.

Should see you tomorrow night if we don't chop the bike to pieces.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Now: the pipes on that black VTX -- THAT'S what is called for on the M109, (as long as you'd have enough back-pressure, and they're not going to warrant a ticket for noise pollution every time you turn around. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :hot:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Those pipes had to be some kind of loud on your 1300. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not only were they loud but they spewed fire at night. Actually I don't think they were good for the long term health of the engine. The flame would burn the oil on the cylinder walls if not careful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts