M109 Rider Forums banner

Please check all that would apply for you.

• No I'm not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When: APRIL 9TH - Dawsonville, GA

Where: McDonalds Parking lot (Corner of HWY 53 & GA 400) - FIll up at the gas station right behind McD's when you get there! We'll probably start lining up the bikes at the gas station because they have more room than the McD's parking lot.

Meeting time: 9:30am (KICKSTANDS UP AND RIDING AT 10:00AM SHARP!)

Ride Length: 200 Miles - Full Loop Trip

GoogleMaps Route Direct Link http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207551215502514026855.00049fe0bd2f41609efd8&z=10

Committed riders so far:

1. GeorgiaRoller & StreetBetty
2. Lee Grider
3. BobbyMac
4. Ooinkk
5. TBud
6. backinthesaddle
7. biscuitpimp + 6 riders
8. lonewolf
9 Highroller + 1 rider
10. BPaige & TPaige
11. SL8ON
12. Valiant
13. SRCRider
14. athomas387
15. tuta97
16. JoDon
17. Scoot McNasty & Dawn
18. jdawg
19. ParkerB57
20. Lucky06
21. SouthernItalian
22. MarlboroLts
23. Mountainman
24. crazytrain
25. vandamage
26. GenJak

Goose ?
T-rexatl ?

It would start & end around Dawsonville, GA off GA-400. This route is right at 200 miles as well. We would ride it clockwise. If you look at the route I tried to give it some variety. I know not everyone wants to ride 200 miles of nonstop technical mountain twisties. So this route has some nice foothill roads, relaxing sweepers, some easy cruising valley roads but it also still has some tight twisties (such as Chatsworth to Ellijay - and Hwy180 & Hwy17/75 into Helen). So hopefully it will appeal to all types of riders.

I figure we could leave Dawsonville by 10am and stop for a late lunch/early dinner in Helen here on the outdoor deck restaurant http://www.helenentertainment.com/Paul%27s_Margarita_deck.htm . I called them and the deck will be open by the first Friday in April. This would be a good place to park a bunch of bikes along the river and hang out and get something to eat/drink before heading home.

----------------------------------

Here was a video of some of the ride from last year
(click on the link to watch) We had about 24 bikers on this ride with 19 of them riding M109R's which was really cool to see. Some even came down from Tennessee and N. Carolina and joined us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sounds good to me, get a chance to introduce myself to everyone! Have a close friend that rides the hated vrod muscle, but he knows his place, in the back!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it looks like good interest so far. Lets definitely plan on doing this then. Next we'll just have to lock down a definite date. I'd like to plan a particular Saturday and then have the option for moving it to the following Saturday only in the case of a rain out. Hopefully the weather Gods will cooperate with us. :bow:...........:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Let's start talking dates then! My only perference is that it be in the middle or beginning of the month...I have to work Saturdays at the end of each month...:-\...part of what comes with being a collector for a financial institution

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let's start talking dates then! My only perference is that it be in the middle or beginning of the month...I have to work Saturdays at the end of each month...:-\...part of what comes with being a collector for a financial institution
I can do it either April 9th or April 23rd.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts