M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I will appreciate your opinion on this LED strip for the 109

Thanks
Works good, looks good, easy to install, no problems at all unless you also have a cheap integrated tail light from china.....then there could be some compatibility issues.

Had one on my 2007 and it worked just fine.

BCS

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Works good, looks good, easy to install, no problems at all unless you also have a cheap integrated tail light from china.....then there could be some compatibility issues.

Had one on my 2007 and it worked just fine.

BCS
Thanks!, My tail light is Factory ( I believe ???) I was just concern of the constant light movement could be annoying for a rider behind me !?1?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you ordering it from I've been looking at adding one again and can't find them.
Meancycles…….https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?PartID=219958

I ordered other items from there before

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I’ve never been a fan of the KnightRider product...UNTIL NOW. I just went to the MEANCYCLES site to read up in the Gen 5 edition, and that thing seems awesome. It has really evolved since the Gen 1 edition. I’m definitely going to get one to add to my fairly-new acquired 2014 model. The price is very reasonable as well.

Thanks for starting up this thread. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t have even considered adding one to my bike.

Bobby

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have it on my 2014. It gets people’s attention and I’ve had nothing but complements on it from other riders.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got them installed!

Pretty simple straight forward plug and play. I am not too crazy about the many colors but I do like the features of different patterns, I think is cool looking, works great! Happy with the mod!
I will post picture or a small movie but always get confused as hoe to upload them here!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Late reply but for what it's worth, I did an all-day ride behind one and thought it looked great. Catches your eye for sure, and didn't seem overdone to me - probably eye of the beholder type thing anyway. The only caveat is for those looking to use it as a turn signal on its own and you cannot - as far as I am aware, even in Gen 5, the brake overrides the turn signals instead of the other way around. So if your signal is on, it will blink on the Knight Rider as long as you don't touch the brake, which would then wipe it out in favour of all red. The only work-around is to not connect the brake signal line and lose that feature if signals is your goal.

So as an *auxiliary* light/attention-getter - 100%.

Please correct if wrong, this is a common question.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
NSF, thank you for your response. I've seen posts in the past stating the same thing you've stated about the brakes overriding the turn signals. However, I do believe there were a few members here who figured out a way to make the turn signal function on one side while the brake light was displays the other side of the Knight Rider component. In the link I've provided below, it displays a pic of the Knight Rider component with the left turn signal and right side brake light on simultaneously.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?PartID=219958

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Late reply but for what it's worth, I did an all-day ride behind one and thought it looked great. Catches your eye for sure, and didn't seem overdone to me - probably eye of the beholder type thing anyway. The only caveat is for those looking to use it as a turn signal on its own and you cannot - as far as I am aware, even in Gen 5, the brake overrides the turn signals instead of the other way around. So if your signal is on, it will blink on the Knight Rider as long as you don't touch the brake, which would then wipe it out in favour of all red. The only work-around is to not connect the brake signal line and lose that feature if signals is your goal.

So as an *auxiliary* light/attention-getter - 100%.

Please correct if wrong, this is a common question.
:bigthumbsup:
100% agree with you , it should not cancel the turning signal as you brake!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NSF, thank you for your response. I've seen posts in the past stating the same thing you've stated about the brakes overriding the turn signals. However, I do believe there were a few members here who figured out a way to make the turn signal function on one side while the brake light was displays the other side of the Knight Rider component. In the link I've provided below, it displays a pic of the Knight Rider component with the left turn signal and right side brake light on simultaneously.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?PartID=219958
...But that might be only a picture that capture the yellow light sequence coming thru/?!!

I will ck on this....

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
...But that might be only a picture that capture the yellow light sequence coming thru/?!!

I will ck on this....
I have to call JC today to place an order for something he and I discussed last week, so I will be asking him a ton of questions about the Gen. 5 Revo Knight Rider component. If it turns out that the turn signals will not display/function properly while the brakes are engaged, I'm going to pass on it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have to call JC today to place an order for something he and I discussed last week, so I will be asking him a ton of questions about the Gen. 5 Revo Knight Rider component. If it turns out that the turn signals will not display/function properly while the brakes are engaged, I'm going to pass on it.
I did send JC an email this morning with that concern. I understand your grounds and agreed that if i knew this info before purchased it would have think about it more in depth.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the knight rider and the brake light cancelled out the turn signal function

What I did was in the knight rider harness where it pulls the brake light signal, I just cut the wire so the knight rider never sees the brake light signal, problem solved

1 - 17 of 17 Posts