M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a gel seat from directline? And how satisfied are you?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Same here,I got the full cut and very happy with it, but the passenger seat is terrible. I refuse to ride with that ugly POS on.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Thumbs up. Money well spent. Although the passenger seat is not as small as the stock, your passenger will appreciate the upgrade. It's a wider seat and much more comfortable for them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The stocker I'd give a 6 the Gel a 8....The pass seat is ugly but its super comfy for the wife and is on only when she is...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Suzuki passenger gel

Is the Suzuki passenger gel seat a lot better than the stock one? Is the DPL passenger better than the Suzuki gel seat?
I'm hoping Baldy Latino is back soon. I'd like to contact him and have seats done this winter from a tried and true source.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thumbs up. Money well spent. Although the passenger seat is not as small as the stock, your passenger will appreciate the upgrade. It's a wider seat and much more comfortable for them.
:agree:the back is much wider but my wife says it's night and day on comfort, I've got short inseams and the standard cut put me closer to the pegs. Great value compared to other aftermarket options.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is the Suzuki passenger gel seat a lot better than the stock one? Is the DPL passenger better than the Suzuki gel seat?
I'm hoping Baldy Latino is back soon. I'd like to contact him and have seats done this winter from a tried and true source.
The suzuki pass gell seat is way better than the stock seat. 1/3 larger and softer.
The gel seats on DPL are suzuki gels, not sure If thats what you meant...

I'm 6 ' 2 and I have the standard Gel seat, the extra leg room is not needed for me.
Something I should mention, I added an alloy bushing/s to the front of the pass seat to tip the front up, in doing that I bushed the latch mechanism on the front seat to fit....my wife has a 36 inch inseam so she felt more comfortable not feeling "pitched" forward, also took the stress off her knees...FYI I will be dropping the footpegs as well so her knees drop further for more comfort...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gel Seat

Gel Seat not bad, but you really want a Baldylatino custom seat. Been thru the Gel seat and was not happy! Got a seat from Baldylatino and no comparision. Plus he customizes it to what you want! And his prices are just about what a gel seat would run you!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts