M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone who has the gel seat, did it make your ride a lot harder? My 9 is lowered 2 inches I've had the seat on a couple months now and it seems like the ride is much rougher now. Everytime I hit a bump it's like getting kicked in the gnads!! I would think if the shock was out the fender would bottom out but it seems ok. Also what ever happened to DLP end of the month sales? Thanks....

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
my suzuki gel seat is firm but it is way better than stock for sure . look up baldylatino he does some custom work on seats . he can add some memory foam to help. He does take his time but the quality is perfect.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
What is your shock set at? I have mine set on 1. That will help soften the ride.
Really? you don't bottom out? I've not tried settings other than the stock setting

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shock

well I'm a moron mines at stock I take it one is a good setting being lowered 2", let me know...thanks oh how do you set it?

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Really? you don't bottom out? I've not tried settings other than the stock setting
Nope. Still have the stock bones in it also. It looks to be an inch or and inch and half lowered because I have it set on one. People always used to ask me what bones I have in it. Just play with it until you feel it is right for you.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
well I'm a moron mines at stock I take it one is a good setting being lowered 2", let me know...thanks oh how do you set it?
There used to be better pictures in there, but here is a thread on it. CLICK HERE. The stock setting is 4. Lower it to 3 then take it for a ride. Not happy with it then change it to 2..... Good luck. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Here's a good how-to on adjusting it. I have mine lowered 2", which is actually closer to 2 1/2", and I have mine set of #2. I have bottomed it out a couple times when hitting some big dips, but as long as you grind the bolts off above the tire it doesn't hurt anything.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77580

The gel seat works fine on mine too, much better than stock. It feels firm but it doesn't get tiring to sit on.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Here's a good how-to on adjusting it. I have mine lowered 2", which is actually closer to 2 1/2", and I have mine set of #2. I have bottomed it out a couple times when hitting some big dips, but as long as you grind the bolts off above the tire it doesn't hurt anything.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77580

The gel seat works fine on mine too, much better than stock. It feels firm but it doesn't get tiring to sit on.
That is the one I was looking for Zoom. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Thanks, I'll play with it. Kind of surprized at myself for not having messed with the shock setting before

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Thanks, I'll play with it. Kind of surprized at myself for not having messed with the shock setting before
I hope it works out so that your happy with it. This is what this forum is about, sharing the wealth of information. :D

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
BTW, I love my gel seat. And it does soften a bit with saddle time

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hey big question here. I believe you said it is lowered 2 inches. How much do you weigh? I weigh 275, the bike weighs 765 with a full tank. That is 1040 lbs. The GVWR is listed at 1250 for stock shock settings and suspension height. If we lower our bikes 2 inches and then lower the setting what does it use as a suspension stop? The Shock? :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Hey big question here. I believe you said it is lowered 2 inches. How much do you weigh? I weigh 275, the bike weighs 765 with a full tank. That is 1040 lbs. The GVWR is listed at 1250 for stock shock settings and suspension height. If we lower our bikes 2 inches and then lower the setting what does it use as a suspension stop? The Shock? :dontknow:
At stock height on any suspension setting it bottoms out the shock if it does happen to bottom. Probably with 1 1/2" bones it does the same. Once you get to 2" bones it bottoms out on the inner fender about the same time as the shock bottoms out. My bones lower it about 2 1/2" and it bottoms out under the fender before the shock bottoms out. Again, the setting on the shock doesn't matter, all that does is increase the stiffness of the shock and changes the ride height a little. The amount of travel the shock has is still the same.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
So, without lowering, but setting the shock at 1 will I scrape the pegs more? how much lower will the bike sit?

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
So, without lowering, but setting the shock at 1 will I scrape the pegs more? how much lower will the bike sit?
I think mine dropped 1 1-1/2 inches. And I scrape from time to time. But I also can ride those twisties HARD. :evil:
Think of it like a sleep number bed, play with the setting and see what you like. :D

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'll play with it, but IMO my bike at stock highth and shock setting has minimal clearance as it is for cornering. In fact, I wish I could lay it over a little further then I can now.
One more question: If you can lower the 109 an inch and a half with just a shock adjustment and incur no bottoming out issues, then why bother with lowering bones?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts