M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode about 260 miles today down Interstate 20 East to Marshall Texas from Dallas. I have never ridden that far before in one time or that short a period of time so I was concerned how it would go with the new seat. I shouldnt have worried!!! The seat was very comfortable and I am not nearly as fatigued or sore as I thought I would be. There were times when my legs got tired but I was able to move back in the seat and stretch them out and it was fine. Overall I give the seat a passing grade. Definitely has a lot more support than the stock seat.

Btw....I am about 5'7" tall and weight (Alot)!! LOL .....around 285 now since I am practicing yoga and slimming down these days. I have the Kury mini boards on the bike and when I set back in the seat my feet still rested comfortably on them with legs extended.

Sorry to hear that they are on back order for you guys that want one....I guess I was blessed to go into to dealer at the right time. Hope this helps those who are thinking of changing seats.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thanks for the review....I'm considering what I want to do......Oh T.O. is a Cowboy now...that problem is down there now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem....anytime I can help the 109 family I am willing to do it!!

G

·
Here's a pix of the Full Cut gel seat with the Carbon look for those who are interested. I too am very happy with the seat. Very comfy, good looking and a good value for $200. I do not ride 2 up on this bike so the passenger seat is sitting in the bag. Shame too because that is the piece that has the nice log stitched in. I like the bad solo look the bike has.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you go to Marshall again try going Hwy 80. You can get on at Terrell at the exit right past the Tanger Oulet Mall. Alot more to look at than interstate, at Grand Saline you'll pass a building completely made of salt. It will take you longer if you have the time. Hardly any traffic until you get to Gladewater and Longview. Its a pretty nice ride with plenty of rest opertunities. My daughter goes to TCU so I'm up your way quite often.

·
Registered
600 Posts
biker1059 said:
If you go to Marshall again try going Hwy 80. You can get on at Terrell at the exit right past the Tanger Oulet Mall. Alot more to look at than interstate, at Grand Saline you'll pass a building completely made of salt. It will take you longer if you have the time. Hardly any traffic until you get to Gladewater and Longview. Its a pretty nice ride with plenty of rest opertunities. My daughter goes to TCU so I'm up your way quite often.
You'll also see a lot of trains. I used to run from Shreveport to just west of Longview when I worked for U.P. down there. I miss living down there sometimes. The people are really friendly, for the most part, and the weather in the winter is very "rideable" :bigthumbsup: I used to play music in Longview at a bar called "Mom's" (I think)... lots of bikes there all the time - and bikers camping in the field across the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts