M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a corbin passenger seat with a backrest to keep the wife from falling off the back. However, having just bought the bike, I would like to save some $$, does anyone know if the Suzuki Gel drivers seat will fit with a corbin passenger seat??

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
83 Posts
seat

I believe you can interchange Corbin, gel and stock seats in about any cofiguration. I have Gel and stock mixed right now.

If you are do-it-yourselfer and all you are looking for is a "butt stop" type backrest, I highly suggest this mod with the Harley parts, I think it looks best with those. New, the parts will cost about $130 - $150. You may be able to find used on Ebay but make sure the hardware comes with it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69518

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pictures

I just checked that link and the original pictures are missing so I attached some of mine. I used Harley parts number #51114-00 (sissybar) and 51534-00 (backrest pad). Again, I think they look best.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For a while I was running a factory driver's seat with a corbin passenger seat/backrest. There were no issues with the two seats fitting together, it just looked wierd with the Corbin's fancy stitching and the plain front. Then I got real lucky and found a driver's seat by Corbin that had similiar stitching in it. On e-bay of course, now I have closely matching seats again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts