M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried any of these seats and how are they on long rides.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My wife has the Corbin with the backrest and I have the gel up front. Had a Corbin on my last bike and loved it. Like the gel but don't usually ride more than 125 miles in a day. Guess what I am saying is that it depends on what you want to spend and the look that you are going for. IMHO I would buy the gel over the corbin and use the other $$$ for other mods on the bike.

G

·
I think there might be a few post on this already but let me give you my 2 cents. Gel road on it for 800 miles in 1 day no issues loved it. Corbin road on it for just over 600 miles in one day and loved it :D I couldn't tell the difference except the Corbin is heated and the Gel isn't. There is also one other major factor, the Corbin is quit a bit heavier then the Gel or stalk if you plan on racing keep the stock seat around, also the Corbin cost quit a bit more $$.

In most cases I ride with the Corbin because I get cold in 70deg weather and I really like that heated seat. Also I had the Corbin custom built to put me closer to the tank and drop my legs down closer to the bike. If this isn't important to you I'd recommend going with the Gel. If you like the custom look of the Corbin and you want it fitted to you then go with the Corbin

:D good luck with your selection let us know how it goes

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
I have had neither on the m109 but both on several other bikes. Corbins ROCK unless you ride alot in the rain.
Why would you not want a Corbin if you ride a lot in the rain??

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Standard Gel. Love it.

I was comfortable on the stock seat but thought the gel might be even better. Bought the standard (thanks again vtxoak)cause I'm short and it pushes you forward just a bit. If your taller get the full cut.

This is no joke. I did a 12 hour day riding with the gel and when I got done I could have gone six more hours for sure.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
just got my Corbin in yesterday while I was at work and installed it this morning. I back later but after the first 38 miles it already feels better and they say it needs some break in time.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I bought saddlemen raw gel pad and put it in a stock seat (different bike). Cost me about $50....best, and I mean absolutely BEST thing I have ever done to a bike for comfort. Especially the price per comfort factor.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I have pondered this mod for some time and think I am going with the standard gel seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts