M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did anyone solve the second gear thing ???. I foregot my :edit::edit: password and been off the site for a bit. so hello everyone.:redfaced::redfaced:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know why people keep on referring to the second gear a problem, and spend too much time worrying about it. IMHO, adjust the cable, shift like you mean it and just ride the ***** out of the bike...it's just the nature of the beast...
yup yup:agree:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I don't know why people keep on referring to the second gear a problem, and spend too much time worrying about it. IMHO, adjust the cable, shift like you mean it and just ride the ***** out of the bike...it's just the nature of the beast...
yup yup:agree:
You're kidding me right... You're telling me all the threads devoted to the bent shift fork are all crap. All the warranty work Suzuki has done, and the thousands of dollars members have spent fixing the many many bent shift forks all could have been solved simply by listening to you and just adjusting the cable and shifting like you mean it..
Why are there so many guys out there that think a problem doesn't exist until it happens to them.
Unbelievable.

For the original poster. The spring insert thing is a fix for something else. That's the clutch shudder problem. There is no fix to prevent a second gear shift fork bending. It's a weak part, it's a design flaw, and it's happened on many many bikes. All you can do is either get it fixed under warranty, cough up a bunch of dough to have it fixed, and baby be careful with second gear.

If you're talking about the clutch shudder problem. Replace the wave washer with a new one and any other surrounding parts, and it will go a long way to solving that problem.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The factorypro shift star helps with the shifting to second. And yeah, the problem is there even if you haven't seen it YET. I would highly recommend the shift star on every M109 out there. You won't regret it, even if you don't have problems.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
hey man, I was referring to the question by the OP above. There is no solution to the issue...just yet...because if there was...it would had been posted here with flashin lights and everyone would have stopped complainin or asking about it...so for now enjoy the ride...I never said it was not an issue or never happened to anyone...all we hear is how the second gear is failing, but never really hear how they abuse the bike, not saying all of them do. I just think that there are correlations of the gears failing due to other factors...

Some of the complains are probably just psychological. Some heard it's a big problem with the bike and they too have a second gear problem...don't know if that make sense, but I ran into people asking about the second gear because they heard its an issue with. Blah, blah , blah....and if happens to me, then it happens...for now I'm ridin mine to hellandback....eh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my gears just pops out of second when i give it a little gas. did'nt want to tic anyone off. i've been off the form and just asking.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::bow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
The factorypro shift star helps with the shifting to second. And yeah, the problem is there even if you haven't seen it YET. I would highly recommend the shift star on every M109 out there. You won't regret it, even if you don't have problems.
:agree:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts