M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this new boots and have found that the boot kinda gets stuck in the gear shift lever at times . It seems the height of the boot at the front it too much, Has anyone bent this lever to have a better shifting space? Is it possible to bend like the brake pedal?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,941 Posts
It bends just like the brake pedal. I had the same problem with mine, so I first bent it up and in closer to the engine, then bent the peg back parallel to the foot rests.

You can also adjust it higher from underneath, by loosening the lock nuts on the shift rod and changing the length of the rod. But it's easier to just bend it, plus it gets it more out of the way. :D

G

·
I got this new boots and have found that the boot kinda gets stuck in the gear shift lever at times . It seems the height of the boot at the front it too much, Has anyone bent this lever to have a better shifting space? Is it possible to bend like the brake pedal?
It's adjustable. And so is the brake.

The shift lever has a rod connected to it with a lock nut. Loosen it and turn the rod to adjust it. The brake pedal has to be taken off the shaft and moved a tooth or 2 on the splines.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It bends just like the brake pedal. I had the same problem with mine, so I first bent it up and in closer to the engine, then bent the peg back parallel to the foot rests.

You can also adjust it higher from underneath, by loosening the lock nuts on the shift rod and changing the length of the rod. But it's easier to just bend it, plus it gets it more out of the way. :D

The shift lever has a rod connected to it with a lock nut. Loosen it and turn the rod to adjust it. The brake pedal has to be taken off the shaft and moved a tooth or 2 on the splines.
Thanks. Was kinda difficult to get the foot out in first and second gear and sometimes you need to do it fast.. Will bend it tomorrow--

G

·
You have to be very careful bending it not to put pressure on the shift forks in the tranny. They're already problematic and you could end up with a gear engadgement problem.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts

No chance of snapping them off bending it? That would really suck!!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
No chance of snapping them off bending it? That would really suck!!
The metal is too soft to break...unless you get a porous lever. Mine got "professionally" reoriented when I dropped it on myself about the first month I got it while I was trying to put the kickstand down to get into work. Try sliding out from underneath this behemoth while it's grinding you into the gravel and running at 6000 rpm's sideways :eek: At least I learned I can still pick the bike up by myself and I had a perfectly adjusted gear shift lever.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The metal is too soft to break...unless you get a porous lever. Mine got "professionally" reoriented when I dropped it on myself about the first month I got it while I was trying to put the kickstand down to get into work. Try sliding out from underneath this behemoth while it's grinding you into the gravel and running at 6000 rpm's sideways :eek: At least I learned I can still pick the bike up by myself and I had a perfectly adjusted gear shift lever.
lol. I can just imagine. But no thanks, I think I will do it another way
:joke:

·
Registered
453 Posts

True example of brains over braun! hahaha :joke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts