M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
It is really simple. Take out the drain plug on the bottom. Take off the fill plug on top. Let all the fluid drain out. Replace the drain plug. Fill the rear as much as possible. Replace fill plug. VOILA! No sarcasm. It is really that easy.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
toneout said:
It is really simple. Take out the drain plug on the bottom. Take off the fill plug on top. Let all the fluid drain out. Replace the drain plug. Fill the rear as much as possible. Replace fill plug. VOILA! No sarcasm. It is really that easy.
Fill as much as possible....I thought there was a sight glass you had to use.

G

·
No sight glass necessary.  Just keep filling till it comes out the fill hole. I believe mine took about 200ml.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Did mine today...very easy , infact i sat backwards on my bike to lean it over a tad more to get a lil more in...I used Yamaha GL4-GL5 shaft drive oil, 8.00 for 2 qt...good for 3 changes. And yes...the oil need changing...also cleaned the plugs...they have magnets on them to collect the shavings.
My drive oil is a purty yellow now....I'll check it in a week to see results.

I had 550 miles on my bike...changed the oil also by the way , I went with Suzuki premium Synthetic blend $4.95 qt , I added 3.8 exactly and all
is well...I took it for a 10 mile ride...I'd swear it was smoother...shifting was...hmmmm easier ?

I think I will change mine every 3,500 miles...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts