M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all that may be wondering the TRE that Darren sells for the 109 will also fit the M90.

I bought this from him a little over a week ago to test out and it works perfectly.

The harness for the connector is not in the same place as it is on the 109.
It is right behind the ingnition switch.

I stuck the TRE box on that metal clip behind the left pull off panel. The gear indicator cable I ran under the tank and installed it on the flat metal of the tree.
I left the button to cnahge options under the seat.

I notice alot of difference in gears 1-3 as stated on the website. The bike is not shuddering as much in those gears as before. The gear indicator works perfectly and is very fast when changing gears.

Installation took maybe 30 mins and Trackday included all necessary zip ties and mounting parts to do a nice clean install.

I have included a few pics but really it is easy enough that you shouldnt need any. Any questions about install please feel free to drop me aline.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks real good, Chris!

Thanks for posting pics!

darrin
TrackDayElectronics.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome!

Thanks for the great product and super fast shipping.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same as the 109, it is the exact same part they use.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey -- went to the website and didnt see a price... How much did it cost?
Chris was the first 90 owner to buy one, so he was the official tester. We didn't believe there would be any differences between the 109 and 90 series and Chris confirmed it.

They use the same model...however, the connector is on the opposite side from the 109s. That doesn't change anything since we give plenty of wire to reach either side.

darrin
TrackDayElectronics.com
email: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts