M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a new gasket comes with the replacement clutch disks from DLP? Also do they come with good instructions? I also bought the high perfomance clutch springs.

G

·
Does anyone know if a new gasket comes with the replacement clutch disks from DLP? Also do they come with good instructions? I also bought the high perfomance clutch springs.
I seriously doubt it. I bought the same stuff a couple of years ago and I had to buy the gasket separately. I know I'll get hammered for this, but I've had the clutch open twice...sealed it up with the same gasket both times. I had bought the new one already, but when I got it open, there was nothing wrong with the old one, so I just reused it...that was almost 10K miles ago and it hasn't leaked a drop of oil. You may not need a new one as long as you take that cover off carefully.:bigthumbsup:

As for instructions...are you asking about the gasket or the clutch plates? Either way, you're on your own. All you're gonna get is a shrink-wrapped package of clutch plates. There are some very good step-by-step threads on here about this job, you'll just have to search for it in the How-To section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts