M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Can someone tell me what, if any, seals I will need to replace when swapping my dented tank out for a new one.
My new tank came in, but I did not realize how it was plumbed on the bottom until I saw the new one. I hate driving the bike around with a dented tank, but I don't want to rush things and end up with a leak because I don't have the right seals for the plumbing on the bottom side of the tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I saw the post on how to take the tank off. That was a great help! Thanks Lamont for the pics too. Those really clarified how to get the quick disconnect off.

Later,
krazydiver

·
Registered
134 Posts
I changed out my tank last Friday (6/30/06). It only took a few hours from start to finish. I reused all of the old parts from the old tank. The fuel pump and sending unit are the hardest parts to get out and back in. Take your time and keep turning and wiggling to find just the right place to slide the parts out. There is an O ring under the flange for the fuel pump that will need to be removed from the old one and placed on the new tank also.

:bigthumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts