M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I expect to pay - give or take a few $$$ either way - to fix my gas tank (two dents incurred because of the famous or infamous "kickstand problem") The dents are finally getting on my nerves :mad: ..Tks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel your pain bro. That kick stand did it to me less than a week old .I saw it going over caught it but was unable to stop it from laying on the ground.Broke the clutch lever and turn signal ........

·
Registered
190 Posts
A buddy of mine had his bike go down week before last....same thing - kick stand. A small dent and bad scratch. He's going to have to now debadge. He found a reputable guy that has quoted him $350 to repair. I can't tell you if that is competitive or not, but will give you a benchmark!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Post some picturs of the damage. I may be that we could do a custom job for not much more than you are going to pay to have it repaired. Keep in mind as you talk to shops about price then need to get the color code. They can't just use black paint fo the black bike because of the flake.

·
Registered
159 Posts
usually with OEM repairs/repaints (which I don't do much of becuase I don't like to!) you're in the $300-$400 range per piece (tank or fender)

G

·
When I dented my tank - insurance company said it could be repaired for $238.00! I laughed and told them no one would touch it for that. I did some checking - paint/reducer/clear coat alone would cost well over $150 (list). A pint of the Suzuki black lists for $97 where I checked. Then add in dent repair labor etc.

I ended up getting a new tank. I am not knocking any painters here!!!! I just felt more comfortable replacing the tank from Suzuki. It would have bugged me having a new bike knowing the tank was fixed/repainted. Tank without emblems cost me $785. Emblems do not come on the new tank - add $70. I like mine without emblems. You may be able to get better prices depending on your dealer.

Rob

·
Registered
543 Posts
I bought the harbor freight stud welder,in May when mine fell over.Them dumb sob did not sent the frekin rods.What good is this with out rods?The rods came last week.Wrong ones for the nozel I have.Also it is suppose to come with 100 each of 2mm 3mm 4mm and nozzel to adapt.Those are the dumb ass holes that sell china tools.I call them and they are sending me a new one.So all summer I road around with a beat up bike.I fixed levers.lights.O that piece of chrome on the fender cost 475.00,mine will stay scratch,cuz baggs cover it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts