M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was warned.When I returned to my bike a man and a woman was arguing what it was.I said Suzuki,she said no way,its a harley.Man just shook his head yep.then she ripped the key out of my hand to read it.The guy eye were as big as golf balls. She read it and gave it back with discuss look.She was a little pepper,not many guy's would take a key from me. She said I can't believe the jap's made a better looking bike than harley. :eek:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think you just missed your change to have your way with another man's woman. ::)

...but ripped the keys outta my hand? Nah...we'd at least had an exchange of unpleasantries over that one.

And...you should have told her all suzuki bikes look better than harleys...and all of them run better, too. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
:a20:

·
Registered
525 Posts
If nothing else, the 109's are creating a lot of interest. I have had all positive feedback. It's funny when you catch someone eye-balling your ride from the front. Walking by the pipes it looks they are nodding with hesitant approval. Then they see the rear wheel. Eyes bug out. They step back to take it all in. that's when the questions start....

·
Registered
849 Posts
You do get a lot of positive response with this bike.
Having said that, my biggest gas station problem is coughing up those big premium bucks for filling it up.
I never thought I'd be spending $15.00 to fill my bike. It's worth every penny of it though.
Jerbear

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
300CREW said:
If nothing else, the 109's are creating a lot of interest. I have had all positive feedback. It's funny when you catch someone eye-balling your ride from the front. Walking by the pipes it looks they are nodding with hesitant approval. Then they see the rear wheel. Eyes bug out. They step back to take it all in. that's when the questions start....
Perfect description!! I laughed as this is exactly how people are!!

G

·
I've been riding Intruders for the last 7 years. Mostly VS1400's. I never even got a second glance from a Harley rider and it never bothered me. I just knew I had a better ride. Now I not only get a second glance but second and third stares. I'm not sure I like it :mad:. Oh wait, I LOVE IT :D :D.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Other bikes are constantly slowing way down as I pull up beside them, then pull in behind me just to watch it go down the road from behind.

I think I'm gonna name my bike "J'Lo" because guys can't keep their eyes off it's a$$. :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Saturday I stopped at a local Harley Dealership just for sh_ts and giggles.....there we several dudes decked out in the usual Harley duds standing in front of the store. They turned their heads quickly as they heard me comming into the parking lot and turned away as I parked the 109. I no sooner entered the store and looked out the window and see the same three dudes swarming around my bike. I'm in the store 5 min. and come out and they walk away from my bike never saying a word to me. I fire up the bike and there looking and their heads follow me out the parking lot and down the road as I throttled her up for their entertainment. The expression on the faces of those dudes was priceless. I smile and laugh like hell every time I see peoples reactions to this bike :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think I'm gonna name my bike "J'Lo" because guys can't keep their eyes off it's a$$.
lol...brilliant

·
Registered
240 Posts
Imagine all that about 10 fold, with mine all stripped down and free of badges the only identifying mark is the tiny suzuki insignia on the tank surround, drives people insane but most think it's a custom build of some sort.
Now if I can just lose the stock exhaust :redfaced:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
OMEGA said:
Imagine all that about 10 fold, with mine all stripped down and free of badges the only identifying mark is the tiny suzuki insignia on the tank surround, drives people insane but most think it's a custom build of some sort.
Now if I can just lose the stock exhaust :redfaced:
I'm removing the Suzuki sticker from the back fender. Wish I could find some clear material they make their stickers with....that stuff is bullet proof....I'd apply it to the tank end where it meets the seat. Just a thought!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
jerbear said:
You do get a lot of positive response with this bike.
Having said that, my biggest gas station problem is coughing up those big premium bucks for filling it up.
I never thought I'd be spending $15.00 to fill my bike. It's worth every penny of it though.
Jerbear
I know the feeling, I put $15.00 in my vs800 intruder a couple weeks back...and had room to drop another gallon of juice in her. Sticker shock of the gas @ $3.00 a gallon was one of the reasons I didn't fill her all the way up. Gradona (posting below) has seen pics of the tank I have. Sucker's huge. :eek:

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
bob109 said:
I'm removing the Suzuki sticker from the back fender. Wish I could find some clear material they make their stickers with....that stuff is bullet proof....I'd apply it to the tank end where it meets the seat. Just a thought!
I'm with you Bob. Do you have some rub marks when you remove the seat?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
i think the one question i have heard so much i can read it on their faces some times is how does it ride......................that is before they get to the rear tire than i am answering questions for about 5 or 10 minutes which i think is funny i talked one guy into going in and trying to get him one but all in all it really surprise me how a new style of bike just open the flood gates for questions and i think most of us just love it due to you can see in most eyes like man i wish i had one now................ :D :clap2: :clap2: :hot:

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is nice to have so much attention but sometimes you just have to act like you dont speak english because everyone wants to look at it and im not here to show it im on this thing to ride

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rynosback said:
 I'm with you Bob. Do you have some rub marks when you remove the seat?
None at this time but with the warm weather here I'll be increasing my saddle time and I suspect that some wear on the paint is going to occur :( :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts