M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time I have been smelling gas when I am parked at a stop light. I am not leaking anywhere I am 100% percent sure and bike runs like a champ. Could it be running to rich? I do have ducks covers and scorpion tips. I tried looking for threads but none related to this issue.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I wondered the same for a while. I have been told here by several it is normal and is the gas tank vent!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I notice that too.....I don't think it's abnormal

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you may be right because it is strong when it is hot

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHAT!....I have an 07...... I never heard of this recall

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
It was not the full 07 line up just some of the early ones. Just call the dealer with your VIN and have them heck. If they did it it should have a divit from a punch by your vin if I recall correctly.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
What year bike do you have? I ask because there was a fuel rail recall in 07.
wow, first I heard of that. Mines an 07 also. Yikes,, Thanks, for that I will check for the divit in the morn.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHOA...I am gonna check it out in the morning too thanks rynosback!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
me too

I have an 08 and live in the desert in So Cal. I definitely get the gas smell when its hot at a stop light, are we in agreeance that this is normal????

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think I'm gonna go by the stealership today and ask about it, I will let you know what they say. May have to get 2011 in Nov:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
ive noticed this gas smell as well just recently after adding an FI controller i thought maybe it was from the little bit of gas that leaked out when i disconnected the hose when removing the gas tank. now im not sure......

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have an 08 and never smelled gas, but with my luck, after reading the threads, I'll start smelling gas. LOL:bigthumbsup: P.S. I do smell crank case oil vapor, but no puking or oil wetness in filter housings, it started just after I installed the K&Ns in the stock filter housings.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts