M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I remember when it was 1.69 to 1.79 and I was complaining,,,,now 2.00 is lookin real good.....its called conditioning....... :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
traysvega said:
Man I remember when it was 1.69 to 1.79 and I was complaining,,,,now 2.00 is lookin real good.....its called conditioning....... :eek:
Shows how old I am I remember it being .47 a gallon

·
Registered
552 Posts
Heard the same thing about 2 bucks by thanksgiving :bigthumbsup: locally ranges anywhere from 2.46 to 2.39 atm bagh theyll just find a way to make a milk shortage and charge us 23.72 a gallon for that :eek: lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, I heard that too. Make you think though, a few weeks ago BP had to shut down their pipeline and everyone was saying gas could reach $4.00 per gallon. The pipeline IS currently shut down and gas prices are falling. Allegedly due to lower demand and less consumption. Yeah right!!!!!! It is a TOTAL scam. Those money hungry sons of %&*!%'S were just flat out stealing from us. Gas guys SUCK!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
You know it's all relative, I would be satisfied if it would just stay below 2.50. I think we all know it's not going to stay like this. I just long for the day that we become energy independent, then the middle east can take their oil and shove it up their [email protected]# :verymad:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not Me! I'll be satisfied when it stays below 1.50 per gallon. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's all BS. I remember last year BEFORE Katrina hit a station near my office hiked the price up higher than the other stations. A day later the price went down to what the other stations were selling because no one was buying from them. Even in MD from town to town the price can vary as much as $.40 I think gas should be regulated and staion owners should sell for a fixed price and make their money on selling volume to get better costs. I'm all for capitalism, but there are a lot of people who need their cars for work and can't afford these prices on top of the energy increases. It's gonna start making people cut back on other things which means people losing jobs. When gas goes up, we don't get more pay at our jobs to make up the difference. The only people not hurting over this is the oil companies. Their profits are DOUBLING!!! Not just dollar amounts but margins also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The closer we get to the November elections, the lower the gas price will be. Politicians are hoping people have short memories. Just watch what will happen to the prices a couple of weeks AFTER the elections !!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
ITguy said:
I've heard $2.00 as well. Station down the road is selling regular 87 for $2.39 :bigthumbsup:
I need to find a station like that!!! Still $2.86 around here, my bike is in the shop, i'm commuting 41 miles each way daily in my 15mpg truck. Ouch!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Boar said:
locally ranges anywhere from 2.46 to 2.39
Damn! I'm still paying well over $3/gallon here in Oregon. I hear the Pacific Northwest will still have high gas prices because we get most of our gas from Alaska, and with that pipeline being shut down..... :swear: :swear: :swear:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Way2Fast said:
The closer we get to the November elections, the lower the gas price will be. Politicians are hoping people have short memories. Just watch what will happen to the prices a couple of weeks AFTER the elections !!!!
my thoughts exactly 8)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Show how old I am, I've seen gasoline prices from 17.9 to 19.9 in "gas wars" they use to have back in the late '50's and early '60's. They would also give you glasses or plates and S&H Green Stamps when you bought it, pump your gas and wash the windshield. Check your oil if you requested it. Man those were the days......although there was no M1090R's around then but some fast cars.. I had a bad @$$ 1958 Chevrolet with a 348ci engine with 3-2 barrel carbs. and 3 speed on the column. Man that thing was fast for it's time. Oh well, just thought I would throw those memories in..... :clap2: :a18:

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I heard that it is only going to get as low as $2.50 for 87. And the cheapest around here is $2.75. I guess the oil componies thought a billion a quarter in proffits is enough.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
They've siphoned all of the profits out of our pockets they think they can get, for as long as they can get them. Now they know they have to get prices down for next elections. And we pay subsidies to the Oil companies so they can afford to sell us this [email protected] at record profits.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts